Rate The Last Movie You Watched
May 21, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #3,721 of 24,653
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I liked the 2006 version better the edward norton hulk was a huge disappointment... Especially since Norton is usually superb.

But well will have to give it a 10/10 for that.

The previous hulk was in 2003.

Anyway:
Angels and Demons: 8.5/10
Choke: 6/10

May 21, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #3,723 of 24,653
The Reader - 7.5/10
The Dark Knight - 8.5 (special effects) - no comment for the rest of it.

May 21, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #3,725 of 24,653
Southland Tales 7.5/10

Gets more points for what it attempts than what it actually achieves. Richard Kelly overreaches but in a glorious manner. More than any other film I've seen Southland Tales captures the flavor of one of my favorite films 1984's Repo Man. It has little in common, but the flavor is the same.

So much that this weekend I'll watch Repo Man again.

"the life of a Repo Man is always intense,...

May 21, 2009 at 7:35 AM Post #3,726 of 24,653
terminator salvation - 7.5/10

caught the sneak preview at 12.01 am today at the amc close to the eaton centre in toronto. i was hoping for more robots yet still enjoyable.

terminator-salvation-flash-.jpg

May 21, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #3,728 of 24,653
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Southland Tales 7.5/10

Gets more points for what it attempts than what it actually achieves. Richard Kelly overreaches but in a glorious manner. More than any other film I've seen Southland Tales captures the flavor of one of my favorite films 1984's Repo Man. It has little in common, but the flavor is the same.

So much that this weekend I'll watch Repo Man again.

"the life of a Repo Man is always intense,...

I just had an argument with a friend of mine about this movie. He didn't like it, but he finally admitted that he went into it expecting it to be awesome, like darko was, and it took him a while to realize that it was a comedy.

It's not a great movie. But it's a very enjoyable movie if you're in the right mood for it.

And honestly, considering it's in a genere with the likes of Existenz and A Scanner Darkly, it's a bit of a standout by comparison if only because it flows well and you never catch the characters looking straight into the camera as if to say "Isn't this zany!? I'm in such a weird movie!" or gratuitously overacting like harrelson did in scanner.

May 22, 2009 at 10:14 AM Post #3,731 of 24,653
In Bruges - 9/10

Best laugh I've had in ages. The comparisons to Pulp Fiction are valid. While the story is not as complex as Pulp Fiction, some of the one-liners are hilarious. Colin Farrell might be a prat off-screen, but he really delivers in this film.

May 22, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #3,735 of 24,653
Indian Jones:The Crystal Skull 5/10

Watching a geriatric Harrison Ford jump around like Jackie Chan just does not do it for me so I fell asleep half way through. I don't care to see the rest of it anyway as I consider this movie a waste of PVR HDD space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back