Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Nov 15, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #2,281 of 24,648
Taken- 8/10. Good to see Liam Neeson back in action, and how can it be a bad film when it's written by Luc Besson??? Good acting, great action plus the huge bonus of seeing uber aussie babe Holly Valance for a few minutes. A surprisingly good film.

Nov 15, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #2,285 of 24,648
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Taken- 8/10. Good to see Liam Neeson back in action, and how can it be a bad film when it's written by Luc Besson??? Good acting, great action plus the huge bonus of seeing uber aussie babe Holly Valance for a few minutes. A surprisingly good film.

Totally agreed. Just watched it and I strongly recommend it, you wont get bored watching it.

Nov 15, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #2,287 of 24,648
Took kids to Madagascar II. Saw it in Imax. wow, what an image! (wow, what ticket prices). Fun movie. Didn't make me (or my kids) laugh, but I admired the animation quality.

Nov 15, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #2,288 of 24,648
Red Cliff - 8/10

Much better than I expected given John Woo's most recent Hollywood movies, but still fell short of what he could have accomplished. Not enough character development and some random changes to the original story also hurt the movie. Hoping part two will be better.

Nov 16, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #2,292 of 24,648
new Bond film.

VERY disappointing.
frown.gif

Nov 16, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #2,293 of 24,648
"The Bank Job" - 8.5/10

A 2008 Jason Statham flick is a Brit HistoDrama period crime caper wherein one branch of the government backs a 1971 bank heist to recover some un-PC pix of a member of the royal family. Good story and well developed characters with just the right amount on non-gratuitous skin produced in modern style.

"Pirates of the Caribbean: End of the World" - 4/10

This franchise has worn thin and just isn't doing it for me anymore.

Nov 16, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #2,295 of 24,648
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"The Seventh Seal: [8.3/10]" Always wanted to see it and I just did. Really interesting movie. Don't need to see it again, but it was interesting.

Igmar's funniest film. I agree, once is enough. I can't say that for many of his other films I've seen, though.

Iron Man - 4/10 - Nice CG, but a waste on a such a boring movie.

Shadow Company - 6.5/10 - A documentary that "provides a look at the thousands of private contractors who work closely with the military to perform dangerous missions but whose role often goes unnoticed by the public back home."

Not as shocking as the reviews make it out to be. Many of the reviews take on that silly "Zeitgeist" type of awe. It really should not be set up that way. This doc was fairly balanced and informative - a good look at an industry that is usually mythologized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back