Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jun 20, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #1,517 of 24,648
The Bourne Identity: 8/10
The Bourne Supremacy: 8/10
The Bourne Ultimatum 8/10

Now this is a solid action trilogy if I've ever seen one. All three movies keep you on the edge of your seat the whole time. The plot is quite good. Can't wait for the fourth instalment (supposedly in the works atm).

Jun 20, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #1,518 of 24,648
Superhero Movie: 3.5/10. Wasn't as uber-bad as I expected it to be, like Meet The Spartans for example, but it's about as bad as Epic Movie. Yes, it's very bad. There are a couple of laughs though (I liked the 'Spider-Man scratch on arm discovery at the dinner table' scene
biggrin.gif
).

Jun 20, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #1,519 of 24,648
Haven - 2/10. Tivo recorded this for me, and has been slaped around for it. The summary promises "a shady businessman and his associate flee to the cayman islands, setting off a chain reaction that has enormous implications". In reality, Shady and his clueless teenage daughter flee to the caymans and get nabbed by the feds anyway. His associate didn't flee because he was already in the caymans. gets nabbed anyway. this has enormous implications for Shady's worthless daughter, but all in all this part of the story accounts for less than a third of the movie. The other 2/3+ is a thoroughly unrelated 'subplot' entangling people who merely live in the same part of the caymans sortof casually bump into Shady's stupid daughter at a party.

Jun 20, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #1,520 of 24,648
Iron Man 7.0/10 - I thought it was too short and not nearly enough action compared to Transformers as someone else here mentioned. Left me with a bit of an empty feeling at the end, like that was all?? A great one for short attention span viewers.

Drillbit Taylor 4.0/10 - A very average comedy, only watched because Owen Wilson starred in it.

There Will Be Blood 8.5/10

American Gangster 8.5/10 - Very good all around. More realistic than most of this type but the violence isn't over the top.

Jun 20, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #1,521 of 24,648
The List 5/10 - Didn't realize the religious slant until near the end. The premise actually starts off pretty good, but the "moral" delivery in the conclusion was so pathetically stereotypical that it prevents the film from standing out whatsoever. The thing plays out like a sunday school sermon.

Superhero Movie 6.5/10 - Not bad for a mindless parody. Less potty humor and shorter running gags, kept me interested.

Jun 20, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #1,523 of 24,648
Fight Club: 9/10. Now this is a great movie. I've seen it before, but this is the first time in a few years that I've seen it. Development through destruction, the plot is just perfect, and it's perfectly executed by the cast and crew. Pitt and Norton are brilliant as the lead characters. I'm guessing everybody's seen this, but if you are one of the few who haven't, go see it please.

Jun 21, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #1,524 of 24,648
Polce Beat - 7/10. If you like contemplative indie cinema, this is pretty good. About a francophone african who's working as a bicycle cop in seattle. very stream of consciousness.

Bucket List - 5/10. Not bad. Nothing to write home about.

Jun 22, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #1,530 of 24,648
Futurama: The beast with a billion backs 7/10
Swenney Todd: The demon barber of fleet street 10/10 (Is on of my favourite plays, and the movie did it justice).
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back