Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Feb 24, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #721 of 24,649
^ I'll second that high recommendation,

--

Well, decided to check out Sweeney Todd (8/10) at the dollar theater yesterday because I knew I'd regret it otherwise. I was right. If you haven't, check it out on the big screen quick, unless you have one of those six million dollar jobs at home.

Feb 24, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #722 of 24,649
No country for Old Men - 7/10

Admittely, I wasn't paying attention much, so I had a difficult time putting things together at first.

Feb 24, 2008 at 1:24 AM Post #723 of 24,649
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I'll second that high recommendation,

Assuming you meant "The Lives of Others", how did you like that cafeteria scene when the junior STASI guy came in with the newest joke about the big boss not realizing that the two big wigs were at the other end of the table? Not only was this scene extremely communicative and very european, but it demonstrated the skill in acting and degree of directional unity that epitomized the whole flick. Friggin' seamless.

Feb 24, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #724 of 24,649
Capote - 7.5/10. Who could have imagined that it might be entertaining to watch Philip Seymore Hoffman do a nasal falsetto voice for two hours?

King of California - 4.5/10. All the pieces were there but i just wasn't feeling it.

Feb 24, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #725 of 24,649
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Assuming you meant "The Lives of Others", how did you like that cafeteria scene when the junior STASI guy came in with the newest joke about the big boss not realizing that the two big wigs were at the other end of the table?

Well I enjoyed that scene. My favorite would be in the bar between Ulrich and Martini with all its quiet desperation. Silent screams like that get me very time.

I've seen the movie twice but not recent enough to comment on the technical prowess other than the wonderful muted palette and soft light in spots like his apartment. As somewhat of a loyal soldier myself, the story of transformation is what grabbed me.

Feb 24, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #728 of 24,649
Just got done watching Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle. I've seen it before but I was bored so I decided to watch it again...still love it after so long and I found out a second Harold and Kumar is coming out in April *cheer*!

Feb 24, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #730 of 24,649
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Persuit of Happiness - 6.5/10. the fresh prince made this one with his actual son. tells the story of a man struggling to get ahead while staying with his son. the movie is kindof a downer because the story is believably harsh.

Are you aware that this is a true story?

I loved it - 8/10 for me.

GAD

Feb 24, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #734 of 24,649
Charlie Bartlett (2008)

8/10

Freaking hilarious. It's one of the most ridiculous (and true) films about high school I've seen in a while.

It's the story of an over-privileged kid, Charlie, who gets thrown out of every private school his mother (his father is in jail for tax evasion) can find. He ends up at a public school, at first treated like crap until he finds his way to become popular: he sells prescription drugs to people. He relays the problems of other students to his psychiatrist, claiming they're his own, and re-sells the medication to them.

After disbanding the drug-dealing, he still hears student problems, setting up office in the boy's restroom. Eventually, though, Charlie comes to the conclusion that kids are merely what people are telling them to be, even when they're taking his advice.

Feb 24, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #735 of 24,649
Fahrenheit 9/11 - .0001 out of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back