Rate The Last Movie You Watched
May 4, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #23,626 of 24,634
Old Henri 2021 net flix.

love underdogs that become heroes that never thought they would, because they are not who you think they are. Pretty good western, I’d waste 90 minutes, err I did, and was pleased.

May 4, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #23,627 of 24,634
Old Henri 2021 net flix.

love underdogs that become heroes that never thought they would, because they are not who you think they are. Pretty good western, I’d waste 90 minutes, err I did, and was pleased.

I really enjoyed this movie, kind of saw the twist coming at the end but still really good.

May 4, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #23,628 of 24,634
Sonic the Hedgehog - 6.5/10

Yes, I watched it and actually kind of enjoyed it. Had a lot of funny parts too.
If I had kids and took them to see this, I would not hate the experience.
Most children's movies are mostly garbage these days I imagine.

Oh and Jim Carry was pretty good in this too.
I'm surprised they haven't done a live action Mega Man series yet.

One video game that would make a good movie is "Prey" or the Bioshock world in general (minus the zombie like "Little Sisters").

PS I never actually played Sonic if you can believe it.
None of my friends even owned a Sega Genesis.

The Walking Dead Seasons 2 and 3

I've seen every season so many times I thought i'd do something different.
I gave every episode a score and then found the average for all of them.
I've watched Seasons 2 and 3 in just a few days and almost feel a bit burned out!

Season 2 - 8.5 (average)

This is my favorite season along with 6 followed by 4.
This season is a lot slower than the usual seasons but it has better character development.
I gave a 10/10 to the first episode and the last 3 (!)
The lowest rating for an episode was a 6.
It's the one where Daryl gets thrown from his horse and is stuck at the bottom of a ravine.
The barn scene feels like someone had punched me in the gut.
I'm sure you know which episode i'm referring to!
Dale's death was also one of the hardest to watch in the entire series by far too.
He actually was a favorite character, but he was stupid to try to hide the group's stash of guns (due to Shane).

Season 3 - 7 (average)

Ignoring seasons 7+, this is by far my least favorite.
I skip a lot of the really hard to watch scenes where The Governor captures Glen and Maggie.
I find The Governor even more sick in the head than Negan.

Only 2 episodes got a 10/10. One is "Clear" with Morgan.
Three episodes actually got a 4/10 from me! This coming from a HUGE fan of the show.

Disclaimer: I've seen each season 10+ times (except or 7+).
My initial scores might have been very different the first time around. Who knows.

BTW I usually end watching the series on Season 6. I just want to forget Seasons 7 and 8 exist.
Season 7 episode 1 is unwatchable to me (one where Glen dies).
Season 9 is pretty good though. Season 10 was too slow and never got good until halfway in.

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 12:58 AM Post #23,629 of 24,634
The Batman : 8.75. Excellent film. An interesting mash up of Batman, Seven, and a Noir detective story. Very well done, and really only behind The Dark Knight as far as Batman films go. There are still the superhero film issues present, but over all recommended.

May 6, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #23,633 of 24,634
I recently binge watched all three movies based on Steig Larsson’s Millennium books, e.g., The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, etc. Fantastic movies, really enjoyed them even though I had to have the subtitles on. Amazon Prime has them available for free. 9/10 👍

1651875432100.jpeg

Last edited:
May 6, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #23,634 of 24,634
I recently binge watched all three movies based on Steig Larsson’s Millennium books, e.g., The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, etc. Fantastic movies, really enjoyed them even though I had to have the subtitles on. Amazon Prime has them available for free. 9/10 👍
Big fan of David Fincher here (Except his Alien movie). Can't recall if The girl with Dragon Tattoo was good or not. I guess not all that memorable for me. Fight Club and Seven were his greatest.

May 6, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #23,635 of 24,634
Big fan of David Fincher here (Except his Alien movie). Can't recall if The girl with Dragon Tattoo was good or not. I guess not all that memorable for me. Fight Club and Seven were his greatest.

Loved Seven, in my movie collection, never saw Fight Club. There was an American made “The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo,” but the original Danish movies are really great and much better imo. Check them out on Amazon Prime!

May 6, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #23,636 of 24,634
Loved Seven, in my movie collection, never saw Fight Club. There was an American made “The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo,” but the original Danish movies are really great and much better imo. Check them out on Amazon Prime!
Ok, I thought you meant Fincher's version. I'll look into it. Fincher seems to be good at choosing good stories. I highly recommend Fight Club. It an interesting movie for men to watch. One of the greatest ever, IMO.

Last edited:
May 6, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #23,637 of 24,634
Ok, I thought you meant Fincher's version. I'll look into it. Fincher seems to be good at choosing good stories. I highly recommend Fight Club. It an interesting movie for men to watch. One of the greatest ever, IMO.

I’ll check it out …

May 7, 2022 at 3:55 AM Post #23,638 of 24,634

The original movies are Swedish, but great movies nonetheless. As far as Danish movies go, I recommend watching the Pusher trilogy, The Green Butchers, Flickering Lights and In China They Eat Dogs.

May 7, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #23,639 of 24,634
The original movies are Swedish, but great movies nonetheless. As far as Danish movies go, I recommend watching the Pusher trilogy, The Green Butchers, Flickering Lights and In China They Eat Dogs.

Thank you for the correction and the recommendations. ✌️

May 7, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #23,640 of 24,634
Umimachi Diary - (9/10)

It's been awhile since I've watched a movie I genuinely enjoyed. This movie feels very honest and unpretentious. The director is very aware of the human condition. Films about human nature are true filmmaking.

I'm aware of Hirokazu Koreeda since I've seen 'The shoplifters,' but little did Know there was something from him that I'd enjoy more. 'The Shoplifters' was a well made movie, but doesn't fit my taste all that well. This movie does. This movie is very wholesome without being cheezy.

I found it interesting that there is a dialog that an older sister will say, "don't eat so salty food, or you will get high blood pressure like grandma." That line just came out of nowhere and just brings realism to the dialog spoken among the characters. Dialog is very good even I cannot understand Japanese.

Characters are just so well devised and developed. Acting really helped develop the characters.

This is the kind of film I like that comes from Japan. I like to find more Japanese films like this. After seeing this film, Koreeda might be my fav Japanese director. IMO, this kind of filmmaking deserves awards. I can see why he's recognized for cinematography, and it really shows that he started out as a documentary filmmaker.

It's an adaptation of a manga, and just goes to show what there's all kinds of manga out there. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umimachi_Diary

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back