Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Mar 17, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #18,976 of 24,651
Yeah pretty close to that but I can´t touch it. I have 1 cm to the screen if I put my hands max forward :D. Maybe it´s the feel you can touch everything inside :p... Can´t wait for Occulus Rift.

Mar 17, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #18,978 of 24,651
Female Prisoner Scorpion: Beast Stable (1973)  5/10

I really wanted to rate this higher but it just does not ever get to gelling together the way the second film and the first did. There is some really great technique happening in here and some great imagery, but the intervening scenes really let it down. The exploitation angle goes a little sideways at times here and some of it does not really advance the film. This one felt overly long and I wonder if it is the editing that let the team down on this one or a director who was ready to move on after he hit the high water mark on film number 2 in the series.

Mar 18, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #18,980 of 24,651
Female Prisoner Scorpion: Beast Stable (1973)  5/10

I really wanted to rate this higher but it just does not ever get to gelling together the way the second film and the first did. There is some really great technique happening in here and some great imagery, but the intervening scenes really let it down. The exploitation angle goes a little sideways at times here and some of it does not really advance the film. This one felt overly long and I wonder if it is the editing that let the team down on this one or a director who was ready to move on after he hit the high water mark on film number 2 in the series.

For whatever reason I liked it the same as the rest of the series. I guess I just found the gangsters to be total characters?

Mar 18, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #18,981 of 24,651
Human centipede 5/10. Gross out for sure. Creepy. Not much here that has substance though.

Seen all three and actually ended seeing number one last. Each movie is very different with each having imagination in different places. Number two was not as good second time around for me. Same for three? These films don't have replay?
At first I had thoughts about them being super outrageous but they actually seem tame after seeing A Serbian Film.

That one did me in and I refused to see it again. Finally a movie that was too much. I guess that was the point?

Mar 18, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #18,982 of 24,651
For whatever reason I liked it the same as the rest of the series. I guess I just found the gangsters to be total characters?

I think that was what I liked least in this one. It is where I would have started cutting scenes. To each there own.
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #18,986 of 24,651

Nail Gun Massacre - 2/10

There's low rent, there's scuzzy, then there's Nail Gun Massacre. Presented in glorious Dolby Mono (with audible clipping and incompetent sound mixing throughout) + soft-focus Mud-O-Vision, with Scooby Doo plotting, NGM is nowhere near as lurid or entertaining as the title suggests. You know who the killer is as soon as he (or she) appears and then have to wait while the rest of the movie drags itself across the screen for the next 45 minutes.

Doc: "I hate to see it end this way, but at least the killing's over."
Sheriff: "Is it? Is it over?"
Me: Yes, thank ****, it is.

Roll credits.

Mar 21, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #18,988 of 24,651
Rented over the weekend.

"Bridge of Spies"  I give it an A-
"The Intern"          I give it an B-
"Antman"              I give is an C+

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #18,990 of 24,651

Just your basic A B C D F scale...

Users who are viewing this thread