Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Aug 11, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #17,731 of 24,651
  Elephant Song.(2014)  9/10

A very good psychological drama revovling around a Doctors disappearance from a Mental Hospital. No at all what one would expect and not done in the American way with menacing music and melodramatic acting. This is a stage play adapted to the screen and done magnificently. The minimalist cast works incredibly well here.

I hate when you guys discuss a film that you really liked, and then when I go to look for it on my rental sites I can't find it *anywhere*

mad.gif

Aug 12, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #17,734 of 24,651
Taken 3. I suppose there was supposed to be an amazing plot twist here but I got it instantly while hardly paying any intention :frowning2:. Didn´t engage on any level incredibly cold film with no emotions. 1/5

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #17,735 of 24,651
Interstellar 9/10

Great acting all around and visuals. Was really impressed with the music and lack of sound on some scenes (space). Got a little cheesy at one point, but overall great. Gotta get me one of those TARS robots.

Aug 13, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #17,738 of 24,651
Just watched both Kill Bill films, for the first time.

I'm out of words, really.

They are really good. The music, the characters, the timing of pace.

Aug 13, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #17,741 of 24,651
Lol, way better :p Great actors in Dogs and love SOME of the scenes but in the end I found the movie quite boring. Too much talk I guess. Besides, I have a thing for this whole samurai/kung-fu flavour and thought it was carried out very well in Kill Bill. What really does it is the story though. Excellent!

Aug 13, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #17,742 of 24,651
  Lol, way better :p Great actors in Dogs and love SOME of the scenes but in the end I found the movie quite boring. Too much talk I guess. Besides, I have a thing for this whole samurai/kung-fu flavour and thought it was carried out very well in Kill Bill. What really does it is the story though. Excellent!

The dialogue is what really makes Dogs for me - in a way it has to be, given a relatively low budget and limited location shooting - yet the tension is held throughout. I dunno man, I just found Kill Bill juvenile-minded with a ridiculous plot. Just not my cup of tea I guess, though I'm obviously in the minority, the way you guys are raving over it and the high rating it has on IMDb!

Aug 13, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #17,743 of 24,651
Mark of the Vampire

3/10

Aug 13, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #17,744 of 24,651
The dialogue is what really makes Dogs for me - in a way it has to be, given a relatively low budget and limited location shooting - yet the tension is held throughout. I dunno man, I just found Kill Bill juvenile-minded with a ridiculous plot. Just not my cup of tea I guess, though I'm obviously in the minority, the way you guys are raving over it and the high rating it has on IMDb!

I get why people like Dogs, still the Kill Bill movies are deeper to me. More polished and fantastic. They get second place to Pulp Fiction, maybe?

Strange though seeing Pulp Fiction only meant so much to me in the cinema, it was only seeing it on home DVD did it in-grain itself into my life?

Aug 13, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #17,745 of 24,651
I was never that super impressed by Reservoir Dogs. I am sure I would like Kill Bill better on a rewatch :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back