Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Dec 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #14,479 of 24,648
Just watched Europa One last night on Netflix. I'm not sure what to think of it, but I'm still thinking about it which to me, means it was a good movie. It was interesting in that it really seemed to highlight the real dangers of space travel without depending on the horrific.

I'm a Sci - fi fan but not a horror fan at all so this movie was right up my alley.

Dec 7, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #14,480 of 24,648
Just watched Europa One last night on Netflix. I'm not sure what to think of it, but I'm still thinking about it which to me, means it was a good movie. It was interesting in that it really seemed to highlight the real dangers of space travel without depending on the horrific.

I'm a Sci - fi fan but not a horror fan at all so this movie was right up my alley.

You mean 'Europa Report' ? I'd give it an 8.5.

I liked the movie because it falls into the hard sci-fi category, not many movies in that genre. The way they explore the psychological and physiological aspects of space travel is intruguing, without making any heroes and villians.

The best question: 'Is knowledge, space exploration and life changing discovery worth giving up one's life for?'

Dec 7, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #14,482 of 24,648
You mean 'Europa Report' ? I'd give it an 8.5.

The best question: 'Is knowledge, space exploration and discovery worth giving up one's life for?'

Yup that's the one! I haven't seen "Moon" in quite a while, but I feel like Moon and Europa Report are in a similar category. I like that you call it "hard sci-fi", that makes sense to me.

It really was an intriguing watch that kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time while never being overtly scary. Very cool IMO.

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #14,483 of 24,648
Gran Torino

8.5/10

One of those movies that are worth the hype, definitely a classic.

One of my favorite films...and like Proton said, fantastic ending. 

And after the ending, as the credits roll, the music by Clint Eastwood fit the mood perfectly. 

Dec 7, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #14,484 of 24,648
Philomena (2013): 8/10

I would have actually liked a slower, bumpier pace than what we get here--the slick direction and quick pacing just doesn't do this thorny, angry story quite the justice that I think it deserves. Still, Philomena is an exceedingly well-acted film with likable leads and an absolute heart-breaker of a plot--I may have wanted it to go a little deeper than it does, but it's still a great little movie that tackles some issues you don't see come up a whole lot in relatively mainstream entertainment. Really worth a watch.

Dec 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #14,486 of 24,648
  Okay, I haven't actually watched this, but I couldn't resist the urge to mention it...

Zombie Ass: Toilet of the Dead

^^ Hilarious

Strictly by coincidence watched this again Friday night.

Actually liked it more the 2nd time.  In fact I felt it worked better for me than "Shaun Of the Dead."  
Harrelson's' acting was over the top and Eisenbergs' character was understated a nice combo. 
The quotes that I found annoying the first time around now made more sense.  Comedy>Scary                
8.5/10

Dec 9, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #14,487 of 24,648

8/10
http://eigapedia.com/trailers/angel-guts-nami

Dec 9, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #14,488 of 24,648
  http://eigapedia.com/trailers/angel-guts-nami

What an outfit! 
eek.gif

Dec 9, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #14,489 of 24,648
The Patriot - 9.5/10. Damn Good!

Dec 9, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #14,490 of 24,648

What an outfit! 
eek.gif

Nice to see they are still making movies for lonely 40 year old Japanese men. It's a good cause.

8/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back