Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Mar 22, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #12,872 of 24,663
Quote:
Roger Moore never gets any love but he was a seriously underrated Bond. I would put him and Brosnan at the same level, which is second-best to Connery. Craig edges out Lazenby for third, with Dalton bringing up the rear. None of them were actually bad, it's kind of a turnkey/plug n'play/formula role requiring a certain charisma. IMO.

Pretty sure that's all of them
tongue_smile.gif

Roger Moore certainly had the charm and charisma for the part, but he wasn't very believable in the action scenes. Not once did I ever believe he was really kicking anybody's butt....lol

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #12,873 of 24,663
Inland Empire: 1/10. Uh, this was brutal. I want to give it a 6 maybe for the ending minutes (Similar to Killer Joe's redemption),
but overall I just found this movie to be painfully long with no real substance.

I wanted to like it, but the direction lost me, I feel it's disjointed and overall messy.

Pretty much one cut scene to the next.

Worst movie of the year for me and one of the worst movies I've ever watched, personally.

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #12,874 of 24,663
Inland Empire: 1/10. Uh, this was brutal. I want to give it a 6 maybe for the ending minutes (Similar to Killer Joe's redemption),
but overall I just found this movie to be painfully long with no real substance.

I wanted to like it, but the direction lost me, I feel it's disjointed and overall messy.

Pretty much one cut scene to the next.

Worst movie of the year for me and one of the worst movies I've ever watched, personally.

The worst movie I have watched is Frankenweenie. I hated it.

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #12,875 of 24,663
Zero Dark Thirty

10/10

Mar 24, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #12,876 of 24,663

This is definitely a bit of a shock if you've seen the two sequels beforehand ( Desperado and Once_Upon_a_Time_in_Mexico ), with their big-budget productions. I think it was filmed for less than $10,000, but it's quite entertaining.

Mar 24, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #12,877 of 24,663
Quote:

This is definitely a bit of a shock if you've seen the two sequels beforehand ( Desperado and Once_Upon_a_Time_in_Mexico ), with their big-budget productions. I think it was filmed for less than $10,000, but it's quite entertaining.

I love those three and think they are some of the best Rodriguez has ever done. The last one was low cost for sure. There is a special where Robert talks about how he does the effects on a shoe string budget for the last movie. He also does the sound tracks on Protools. He is a movie making machine. Doing everything in house except the heavy effects(which are E-mailed to Canada) he gets stuff the way he wants and fast!

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #12,878 of 24,663
Quote:
The worst movie I have watched is Frankenweenie. I hated it.

The worst movie? 
confused_face_2.gif
 I enjoyed Frankenweenie.

The Croods ( 2013)

Feel good animation movie but excessive moralization was overwhelming. Oh, and a progressive American man is definitely a physically weak hipster. Macho ( patriarchal) types should go to their Neanderthal caves. LOL.

Mar 24, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #12,881 of 24,663
Quote:
Roger Moore certainly had the charm and charisma for the part, but he wasn't very believable in the action scenes. Not once did I ever believe he was really kicking anybody's butt....lol

Moore went from the TV series "The Saint" to 007. I think his earlier films:  "Live and Let Die" were more seriously acted.  The longer he played Bond the more camp the films became.  "Moonraker" for me was the low point.
One could make the same argument with Connery take a look at his later Bond films.

Mar 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #12,882 of 24,663
You guys have to watch Finding Neverlands, it's about how the writer found the idea about Peter Pan, the background story apparently not as cheerful as the cartoon Peter Pan, very touching. Depp also play very well there. 9/9!

Mar 25, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #12,883 of 24,663
Into The Wild (10/10)

Great narration, soundtrack (by Eddie Vedder), filming, acting.
The end made me cry, it's kinda sad when the father starts walking on the neighborhood and starts crying. Or when the old man asks Chris if he can adopt him. And when he realizes he ate a poisonous berry.

Great movie. Definitely one of my favourites.

^^^ THIS is very very nice. Good taste, hehe

Mar 25, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #12,884 of 24,663
Quote:
Great narration, soundtrack (by Eddie Vedder), filming, acting.
The end made me cry, it's kinda sad when the father starts walking on the neighborhood and starts crying. Or when the old man asks Chris if he can adopt him. And when he realizes he ate a poisonous berry.

Great movie. Definitely one of my favourites.

^^^ THIS is very very nice. Good taste, hehe

Totally agree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back