Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jan 7, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #12,286 of 24,645
Quote:

I don't know man...  I've never watched a trailer where I found myself repeating out loud:  "It's just a movie...  It's just a movie..."

Have you see the new one they released? It's just the extended teaser...oh man, I'm not squeamish and I'm pretty desensitized...but man...

Jan 8, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #12,287 of 24,645
MV5BMTQ4MDI2MzkwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjk0NTA5._V1._SY317_.jpg

A Beautiful Mind

10/10

Probably the best movie I have ever watched in my life. I just had to come back to this thread just to let you all know. It's one of those movies you just have to see.

I have never been moved so much by a movie. It is a masterpiece. 

Jan 8, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #12,288 of 24,645
MV5BMTQ4MDI2MzkwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjk0NTA5._V1._SY317_.jpg

A Beautiful Mind

10/10

Probably the best movie I have ever watched in my life. I just had to come back to this thread just to let you all know. It's one of those movies you just have to see.

I have never been moved so much by a movie. It is a masterpiece. 
the maths used in that film is really awesome and movie is legen wait for it...............................................dary

Jan 8, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #12,291 of 24,645
on a completely unrelated note,whats up with  Jude's avatars?

Comes from being in the basement rec room of a forum too long.
All the trappings of wandering minds...T M A C
Memories of a child's spoof,"Ha Ha made you look"
A quiet distraction from the long winter nights on a 100px by 100px square.

I made this one up too,then it got awfully quiet in that thread but hey it's movie related...

Jan 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #12,293 of 24,645

The Avengers 2012............................all that and a bag of chips..............10/10

Jan 8, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #12,294 of 24,645

The Matrix 10/10

The Matrix Reloaded 8/10

The Matrix Revolutions 7/10

Story wise 90% of it made sense until the end; acting and plot wise, the second and third movie went a bit overboard.

The only question I still have is regarding the first movie's ending. Neo makes a phone call to the machines (or the source), and tells them they're afraid of him, he can feel them, that he'll show the humans what the machines don't want them to see, a world without rules, control, or boundaries.

It doesn't make sense when viewed from the perspective of the second or third movies. The humans are still bound by the matrix, so nothings' changed, except that Zion hasn't been destroyed.

Seems to me the story was supposed to be open ended, with only one movie. The one cannot be destroyed by the machines, can manipulate the matrix as well as defeat the agents, and hence, is in a position to attack the machines from within the matrix. The machines still don't understand choice (they think in terms of probability, calculating the odds, humans don't), and hence the matrix goes out of control in time because its not made to handle that level of randomness.

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #12,296 of 24,645
Quote:

The Matrix 10/10

The Matrix Reloaded 8/10

The Matrix Revolutions 7/10

Story wise 90% of it made sense until the end; acting and plot wise, the second and third movie went a bit overboard.

The only question I still have is regarding the first movie's ending. Neo makes a phone call to the machines (or the source), and tells them they're afraid of him, he can feel them, that he'll show the humans what the machines don't want them to see, a world without rules, control, or boundaries.

It doesn't make sense when viewed from the perspective of the second or third movies. The humans are still bound by the matrix, so nothings' changed, except that Zion hasn't been destroyed.

Seems to me the story was supposed to be open ended, with only one movie. The one cannot be destroyed by the machines, can manipulate the matrix as well as defeat the agents, and hence, is in a position to attack the machines from within the matrix. The machines still don't understand choice (they think in terms of probability, calculating the odds, humans don't), and hence the matrix goes out of control in time because its not made to handle that level of randomness.

Only the first film exists in my mind...one of my top 10 films of all time. The other two were cash grabs with a forced story that made zero sense, IMO.

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #12,297 of 24,645
I still stand by the second film. I loved it. Some of the absolute best action sequences ever (highway scene anyone?)

Quote:

Only the first film exists in my mind...one of my top 10 films of all time. The other two were cash grabs with a forced story that made zero sense, IMO.

Jan 8, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #12,298 of 24,645
Quote:
I still stand by the second film. I loved it. Some of the absolute best action sequences ever (highway scene anyone?)

I felt that way until I saw the 3rd one lol. After #2 I was open to seeing where they were taking the story, but then once I finished #3 I was just left with one huge "What" and couldn't help but view both films in the same light. I really wish I didn't feel this way, cause the first one just blew me away.

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #12,299 of 24,645
Quote:

Yes, action and fighting sequences are top notch.
But it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Especially the third movie with its humanoid fighting machines, I mean What.

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #12,300 of 24,645
Quote:

I felt that way until I saw the 3rd one lol. After #2 I was open to seeing where they were taking the story, but then once I finished #3 I was just left with one huge "What" and couldn't help but view both films in the same light. I really wish I didn't feel this way, cause the first one just blew me away.

Going by the general opinion, the first movie is the original story, the other two are just ''stapled'' on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back