Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Dec 14, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #11,986 of 24,649
Aliens 2 was pure awesomeness...such great memories from that film! 

I know I saw 3, but I honestly don't have any recollection of it. Sounds like that's probably a good thing

There is a reason you blocked it out of your mind. I honestly thought I had seen that one already but I must have avoided it based on good warning. Should have just left those memories the way they were......... man that was bad. Couldn't have done a worse dis-service to fans of the first movies in every aspect.

Dec 14, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #11,987 of 24,649
Quote:
There is a reason you blocked it out of your mind. I honestly thought I had seen that one already but I must have avoided it based on good warning. Should have just left those memories the way they were......... man that was bad. Couldn't have done a worse dis-service to fans of the first movies in every aspect.

That's a shame. Ridley Scott wasn't involved in that one, was he?

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #11,988 of 24,649
That's a shame. Ridley Scott wasn't involved in that one, was he?
No....... Directed by -- David Fincher?... It must have been real low budget because somehow the effects were WORSE than the first two films. Sometimes it looked like the inmates were being chased by a cartoon alien they were so bad.

It even said "co-produced by Sigourney". Whatever that means.

Oh I could go on and on how bad that film was. Geez. What on earth were they thinking?

Dec 14, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #11,989 of 24,649
Star Trek Nemesis. 
I feel saddened and fell asleep. 

How I wished for first contact again. 

Dec 14, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #11,990 of 24,649
Quote:

Aliens 2 was pure awesomeness...such great memories from that film! 

I know I saw 3, but I honestly don't have any recollection of it. Sounds like that's probably a good thing

Actually... the Alien 3 special edition on the Blu Ray/DVD is actually pretty good, 
really dark and evil, thoroughly disjointed and not that bad a movie. 

Won't ever beat the original but at least it's better than Resurrection. Sorry Joss Whedon fans. 

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #11,991 of 24,649
Man you guys are haters. I loved every single Alien movie. I honestly think 2 might be my least favorite. While it's good and entertaining...it's a popcorn movie and the other 3 seem to be on a slightly higher plain of intelligence, IMO. 

The 'meat head action of Aliens is fun, but not stimulating like the other 3 for me. They were all directed by fantastic directors and I love them all in their own right.

Dec 14, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #11,992 of 24,649
sigh...here we go aliens arguments again.i thought we were done with that debate few pages back.

anyway.to keep this thread on track.
Pitch perfect 5/10. Not bad.i was in the mood to watch mediocre movie and i wasnt dissapointed. i enjoyed the last two performs as well. if i was in my normal mood, i would have given it a solid zero.

Dec 14, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #11,993 of 24,649
Man you guys are haters. I loved every single Alien movie. I honestly think 2 might be my least favorite. While it's good and entertaining...it's a popcorn movie and the other 3 seem to be on a slightly higher plain of intelligence, IMO. 
The 'meat head action of Aliens is fun, but not stimulating like the other 3 for me. They were all directed by fantastic directors and I love them all in their own right.

I found 3 quite the opposite. Delving a great storyline down into the depths of a typical audience pleasing horror film instead of the great story it was. Ruined every element of the prior films. The whole premise of how even the Alien opperates was changed to be a man eating monster instead of the race propogating machine it had already been established as.

Dec 14, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #11,994 of 24,649
Shouldn´t this thread be flooded with The hobbit reviews by now? Been out for several days here. But they are asking an arm and a leg particularly for the HFR version :p

Dec 14, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #11,995 of 24,649

10/10                                                                       Number three May 3, 2013!

Dec 14, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #11,997 of 24,649
Quote:
I found 3 quite the opposite. Delving a great storyline down into the depths of a typical audience pleasing horror film instead of the great story it was. Ruined every element of the prior films. The whole premise of how even the Alien opperates was changed to be a man eating monster instead of the race propogating machine it had already been established as.

That is probably true but Sci/Fi fans are really the most forgiving audience in the movie world. The monster could be a slice of bread with water poured on-top and fans would love it anyway.

Dec 14, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #11,998 of 24,649
Quote:
I can't wait.  Iron Man 1  9.0/10  Iron Man 2  8/10

Never seen em before today. It was the opening part in Avengers that made me think, " This Ironman dude?" " I have to see em!". Two is next on the list, you have to just watch em for what they are really. Over thinking gets you in trouble with these movies, just like guessing women
wink.gif
!!

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #12,000 of 24,649
+1. I have seen em both a couple of times. I would also agree the first one is the better of the two while the 2nd is still a very entertaining watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back