Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Nov 4, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #16 of 24,633
Spiderman 3: 7.5/10

Good effects, great life lessons, good sound. Saw this as a family and had to stop it a few times to explain nuances to children under 10 but in general it was a bit violent but fun.

Nov 4, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #17 of 24,633
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Kang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
51dR3RU5ftL._AA240_.jpg

So I just finished watching Smokin' Aces and I'm speechless....what a piece of $hit of a movie it was..Crappy dialogue, crappy pacing, and mind-numbingly stupid plot. Joe Carnahan just lost all the respect he gained with Narc.

All the ranting made me forget to rate it: 1.5/10

i liked it; thought it was rather goofy

i just watched shrek 1-3 and my rating is
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Nov 4, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #18 of 24,633
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread reminds me that I haven't esen a movie since the summer!

The Simpsons Movie - 7.8

Not much more than an overlong episode of the Simpsons, but it satisfies IMO.

i liked just cuz i LOVE the simpsons, but i felt that the film adequately portrayed the life of the series: starts off fun and becomes more boring and predictable as it goes on
wink.gif

Nov 4, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #19 of 24,633
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"American Gangster" - 8.5/10

i didn't dig it all that much; i think it'll get praised cuz it's slower than normal gangster films, and the setting of 1960's harlem is FANTASTIC, that really is the best part; albeit rather overdone

Nov 4, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #21 of 24,633
I just saw Bee Movie- 5 out of 10. A few funny/clever parts, but really not that great.

I saw Eastern Promises about a month ago. I'd give it about the same as I gave A History of Violence- 6 out of 10. Well acted but it was boring and really didn't grab me. I love movies that have unusual/ unhappy endings (huge HBO The Wire fan), but this movie feels like it ends prematurely.

On a side note- I give the fight scene a 9 out of 10.

Nov 4, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #23 of 24,633
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmk005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I loved The Wire! My next door neighbor is a DEA agent and says its the most realistic representation to FBI/DEA life out there too.

Is that a T.V. show?

Nov 4, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #24 of 24,633
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmk005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I loved The Wire! My next door neighbor is a DEA agent and says its the most realistic representation to FBI/DEA life out there too.

That's what I have heard. Was it David Simon or Ed Burns who was a Baltimore police officer before creating the series? Outside of Band of Brothers, the best thing ever filmed- TV or movies IMO.

Of course I can't put BBC Office in there because it's comedy, but you already know how I feel about that.

Nov 4, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #25 of 24,633
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Kang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that a T.V. show?

HBO- ultra realistic drama about the police, politics and drug hierarchy in the city of Baltimore. When comparing great TV series, The Wire, Davinci's Inquest and MI-5 (I think) are often mentioned together. I've only seen 15 episodes of DI- never seen MI-5.

Nov 4, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #26 of 24,633
Very limited release called "Bella." Fantastic movie. My wife picked it out. Although she's a chick and it was a flick I wouldn't call it a chick-flick, just a very well done movie. Very clean. Great story. Artistic. Heart warming. You might cry. It's really not a chick flick because...well, maybe it is. I liked it anyway.

Nov 4, 2007 at 5:42 AM Post #27 of 24,633
American Gangster

I thought it was a solid flick and I didn't get distracted by anything else. This seems like a good sign because I have a short attention span. The storyline is great and the setting, like a poster before said was fantastic!

I highly recommend this flick for a serious watching!

Nov 4, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #28 of 24,633
Night Watch 8/10

I actually passed over this movie a few months ago cause I thought it looked like a generic vampire flick. After reading some good reviews I decided to give it a try. Wow. Much better than expected. There's actually a storyline, probably because it's based on a popular novel (I'll have to read the book now
icon10.gif
). There were even some twists in the storyline that lead to an interesting finale.

I liked the main character, a quirky anti-hero who is not angst-driven. The supporting cast seemed under developed, probably because there were too many of them and only 2 hours to go around.

Also, because this movie had a small budget, it had very limited special effects. I'm sick of seeing big Hollywood movies that are nothing but a load of colorful eye candy blowing up. This movie took all the eye candy time and spent it on story and character development.

Day Watch 7.5/10

Of course after Night Watch I had to get the sequel that pretty much picks up the story really well. Again this was based on the sequel novel so the storyline was pretty good. Some of the unresolved issues in Night Watch are finally addressed here.

It's obvious that this movie had a much bigger budget because of the success of the first one. I wasn't impressed by the standard car crash scene in middle, but the finale with the little bouncy ball was very nicely done.
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2007 at 11:01 AM Post #30 of 24,633

Users who are viewing this thread

Back