Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Aug 29, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #20,896 of 24,658
Rememory (2017) 7.5/10

Quite an intriguing little film that for once does not give away the whole plot in the first 5 minutes. Psychological thriller that is well paced and without effects or glitz. Character driven and the director here extracts some very good performances. If it lacks for anything it is the overall production value which makes it view as a TV movie.

Aug 29, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #20,897 of 24,658
I watched the original IT
upload_2017-8-29_11-57-0.png

It was horrible!!! the acting was bad, the dialogue was super silly and it was 3 hours long to boot!

I want to watch the new one so I wanted to see the first one. I think it's one of those films that you needed to see it when it came out. Now a days its close to excruciating to watch. Totally goof troop as me and my friends say

Aug 29, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #20,898 of 24,658
I watched the original IT

It was horrible!!! the acting was bad, the dialogue was super silly and it was 3 hours long to boot!

I want to watch the new one so I wanted to see the first one. I think it's one of those films that you needed to see it when it came out. Now a days its close to excruciating to watch. Totally goof troop as me and my friends say

I think it was originally a miniseries pressed into a film for release wasn't it? That's what explains the 3 hour run time. I have tickets for the new one next week but wasn't going to bother revisiting this. You've pretty much confirmed that was the right decision!

Aug 29, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #20,899 of 24,658
I think it was originally a miniseries pressed into a film for release wasn't it? That's what explains the 3 hour run time. I have tickets for the new one next week but wasn't going to bother revisiting this. You've pretty much confirmed that was the right decision!
hey I didn't know that! I think for a miniseries back in the day it would have been wayyy better. I can see how they would have cut it into pieces and it would be fun to see the clown in each episode. Doesn't change the bad acting on top of the dialogue though lol.

With that said I still want to see the new one... I do not like scary movies but for some reason I found the trailer for the new one so intriguing. I am going to give it a shot. Tell me what you think if you end up going.

Aug 30, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #20,900 of 24,658
It was a miniseries and also released at the height of that "80's-to-90's transition" ultra-campiness in horror movies. If you feel like gouging your eyeballs out try watching Nothing But Trouble (1991).... just threw up in my mouth a little remembering that one. :frowning2:

Aug 30, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #20,901 of 24,658
Haha I will have to check it out. At least watch the trailer to see if I can stomach it...

You ever hear of the movie "The room"? My buddy says it's been rated one of the worst films of all time. He wants me to watch it with him some time so we can laugh at it.

Aug 30, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #20,902 of 24,658
Yes The Room has become quite famous. All the more confusing is the movie "Room" was one of the best reviewed the year it came out. Unfortunate to have a great movie with nearly the same title as one of the worst of all time!

Aug 31, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #20,903 of 24,658
Yes The Room has become quite famous. All the more confusing is the movie "Room" was one of the best reviewed the year it came out. Unfortunate to have a great movie with nearly the same title as one of the worst of all time!

Which Room is that? I tried to look it up on IMDb but unsurprisingly, there are a lot of Rooms! I assume The Room is this one. Looking at the poster, I think The Brood wants its font back :D

Aug 31, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #20,904 of 24,658
Which Room is that? I tried to look it up on IMDb but unsurprisingly, there are a lot of Rooms! I assume The Room is this one. Looking at the poster, I think The Brood wants its font back :D
Yep! That's the correct room ha. They are even making a spoof movie of it which I cannot wait to see!! James Franco and Seth Roger created it to my knowldege, and both star

Aug 31, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #20,905 of 24,658
Aug 31, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #20,906 of 24,658
Yep! That's the correct room ha. They are even making a spoof movie of it which I cannot wait to see!! James Franco and Seth Roger created it to my knowldege, and both star

Looks like a hoot! I'll throw my hat in the ring with worst movie ever made - certainly the worst I've ever seen: I Am Here... Now

Sep 2, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #20,907 of 24,658
Allegience 1/10. I only got through half. Divergent had a ridiculous scheme and was really bad so I went in with the lowest of expectations.

I tested my new bass shaker setup. Buttkicker gamer 2 on my playseat challenge and that is absolutely phenomal for us head fiers. More impact then you ever get from noisy subs. Problem is there is generally a bit side noise with bass shakers as well but on the challenge it operates very efficiently. But I found myself constantly getting some hump and oh there is a movie going on...

I am quite weak to survive holocaust themes but this is just horrible.

Sep 2, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #20,908 of 24,658
The Dark Tapes (2017) 7/10

Had I known ( and really, the title should have tipped me off) this was a found footage film I would have passed on it as the genre was pretty much invented and done with with Blair Witch.

That said. Newbie directors get two bags of Fritos and 20 bucks in budget and actually spend it well. Effects are seriously lacking and they try their best to shoot around deficits that they are obviously aware of. That gets a lot of street cred from me. Knowing you have issues and trying your best to work around them gets a go from me where more established directors would just say the hell with the audience, they will put up with it because I am: insert mediocre director with David Lean complex name here.

What you do get is writing which for the second film in as many weeks for me is not actually insulting to the viewer. No "see how clever I was with that" digs in the ribs, no over exposition assuming you are a Dr Seuss reader at best. Simply some smart writing with (new to me at least) takes on the genre. Not Einstein level or even Eisenstein, but clever enough to keep me watching a film from the most over used of genres in the last 20 years. It falls short as an anthology with the wrapper story which has the most sincere plot and gradually fails in execution as it's segments unfold. The ending could have been brilliant but the execution left it feeling somewhat washed out. No mistake here, once again the writing was up to snuff but the actual shot sequence left me with a "you could have tried a few more takes on that one" feeling. Then again, by that time the second bag of Fritos was most likely down to the last chip with 4 people grabbing for it.

Worth a watch for fans of the genre. For non fans it may provide a bit of relief and show there is some hope, that much like the western, some new minds might re ignite interest.

Sep 3, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #20,909 of 24,658
Allegience 1/10. I only got through half. Divergent had a ridiculous scheme and was really bad so I went in with the lowest of expectations.

I had the DVD versions of each movie and liked them so much that I upgraded to the Blu-Rays :beyersmile:

I don't find the movies that stupid really and I even like the characters.

I'm one of the few who actually loved the series. I doubt there are many out there. I was even disappointed they cancelled the last one.
I have to admit I am really into dystopian films and books though.

Of course this is coming from a guy who thinks Independence Day is one of the best sci-fi/comedies ever made.
I could watch that one a hundred times and not get sick of it. Yes, that was is extremely stupid and I can't ever take it seriously for even one second.
For me it's possibly one of the most entertaining movies there is.

PS unrelated to this post, but I just finished watching The Walking Dead Season 2 for the 4th time (10/10 for me).
I was boycotting the latest and future seasons.
I think season 2 is my favorite because it's the most character driven season. Season 1 is probably my least favorite.
Some parts are more like a soap opera, but I didn't mind.
Dale was also one of my favorite characters in the series.
I hated Shane, but he was one of the most memorable characters in the series.

Sep 3, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #20,910 of 24,658
The Dark Tapes (2017) 7/10

Had I known ( and really, the title should have tipped me off) this was a found footage film I would have passed on it as the genre was pretty much invented and done with with Blair Witch.

That said. Newbie directors get two bags of Fritos and 20 bucks in budget and actually spend it well. Effects are seriously lacking and they try their best to shoot around deficits that they are obviously aware of. That gets a lot of street cred from me. Knowing you have issues and trying your best to work around them gets a go from me where more established directors would just say the hell with the audience, they will put up with it because I am: insert mediocre director with David Lean complex name here.

What you do get is writing which for the second film in as many weeks for me is not actually insulting to the viewer. No "see how clever I was with that" digs in the ribs, no over exposition assuming you are a Dr Seuss reader at best. Simply some smart writing with (new to me at least) takes on the genre. Not Einstein level or even Eisenstein, but clever enough to keep me watching a film from the most over used of genres in the last 20 years. It falls short as an anthology with the wrapper story which has the most sincere plot and gradually fails in execution as it's segments unfold. The ending could have been brilliant but the execution left it feeling somewhat washed out. No mistake here, once again the writing was up to snuff but the actual shot sequence left me with a "you could have tried a few more takes on that one" feeling. Then again, by that time the second bag of Fritos was most likely down to the last chip with 4 people grabbing for it.

Worth a watch for fans of the genre. For non fans it may provide a bit of relief and show there is some hope, that much like the western, some new minds might re ignite interest.

Sounds like a bit of a rip off of the V/H/S franchise to me. Agree with you that found footage is all but spent. I would say the genre was probably invented with Cannibal Holocaust rather than Blair Witch, though Witch was definitely the film that propelled it into the public imagination - a shot in the arm for an existing genre, a bit like Ringu was for J-Horror.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back