Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Aug 12, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #16,006 of 24,661
Guardians of the Galaxy: ...

AH HAA HA HA HA

THIS MOVIE KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[size=xx-large]DE DA LA DUHHH[/size]

THIS MOVIE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[size=xx-large]DE DA LA DUH[/size]

I'M HAVING AN ORGASM!!!!!!

9.34/10

No seriously, it's ******* awesome.

Aug 12, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #16,007 of 24,661
Am I looking at Phone Booth but with someone you're supposed to like at the end with this one? The one trailer I saw did nothing for me. It felt really forced.

There are parallels with Phone Booth in terms of structure, but not content. It's a much better film than Phone Booth was. 

As I said in my post, I can see people hating this film lol. 

Aug 13, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #16,010 of 24,661
He said a while back in the thread he's tired of big budget superhero films, yet keeps seeing them for some reason...
rolleyes.gif

Aug 13, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #16,011 of 24,661
5/10 would reflect average movie, not mean he hates it. I might watch Guardians of the Galaxy some time because of the hype, I just hope it turns out better than Avengers.

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #16,012 of 24,661
Harlock: The Space pirate.

Kind of hard to rate because I have hardly ever seen a movie with this type of game cutscene graphics.
This made it quite interesting just for that. Sure is nice images used but the story is lacking and even for the sci fi genre a bit to non sensical and general.

But 6/10 saved by the presentation. As a regular play movie it would be a 2/10 I recon it´s not exactly Firefly :)

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #16,013 of 24,661
Well, Guardians of the Galaxy is goofy but the pacing is too damn fast. A lot of stuffs goes by in front of you very quickly. Fortunately, everything in this movie is so stupid fun that you don't really care about the flaws. Maybe I'm just not expecting Avengers level (because of the jokes), but still, why 5/10?

Anyways...

I want that Walkman NOW (with those headphones, of course)!!!!

EXTRA CONTENT!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Avengers: 9.78/10

THIS IS THA ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Action packed, deep character development, hideous at some times, nice pacing... enjoyed it a lot. Just like Guardians of the Galaxy, but much much much much much much more epic.

Aug 13, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #16,014 of 24,661
Locke!

Nice BMW Commercial. But that god damn phone that rings and rings and rings.

7/10 despite me hating phones which mean it´s really good.

Aug 13, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #16,015 of 24,661
  Locke!

Nice BMW Commercial. But that god damn phone that rings and rings and rings.

7/10 despite me hating phones which mean it´s really good.

LOL, I felt that really added to the tension once that voice kept cutting in and telling him he had another call...the subtleties really impressed the hell out of me. On paper this movie should be absolute crap, but it's actually just the opposite, IMO. Hardy is a ridiculously good actor. I need to watch Bronson again now just to be reminded of his unbelievable range. 

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #16,016 of 24,661
  LOL, I felt that really added to the tension once that voice kept cutting in and telling him he had another call...the subtleties really impressed the hell out of me. On paper this movie should be absolute crap, but it's actually just the opposite, IMO. Hardy is a ridiculously good actor. I need to watch Bronson again now just to be reminded of his unbelievable range. 

Oh dear lord. Bronson. Easily an 8/10 and probably worth doing a Locke / Bronson double bill night just for contrasts sake. Taken together each performance raises the other to about 9.5

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #16,018 of 24,661
  RIP Robin Williams 
frown.gif

I think his serious roles worked much better for me than his Comedy, "Dead Poets Society" and "Good Will Hunting" are the usually mentioned, but

"Insomnia" is still my personal favorite.

I'm with you on his serious roles. The movie, "What Dreams May Come" was always a favorite of mine...Robin Williams was unique, may he rest in peace. (though somehow I can't picture him resting, or by his presence, leaving things in a peaceful state...) 

Aug 14, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #16,019 of 24,661

Oh dear lord. Bronson. Easily an 8/10 and probably worth doing a Locke / Bronson double bill night just for contrasts sake. Taken together each performance raises the other to about 9.5

Well said...totally agree. I think the term "masterclass" is already becoming overused, but yeah, the contrast between those two performances is just amazing and could easily serve as a 4hr masterclass of skill in acting. Minimalism and subtlety contrasted with large scale intensity, all wrapped up in a great big wrapper of charisma. I think if we forced Benny Affleck to sit and watch those two films back to back, at some point he would simply explode. 

Aug 14, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #16,020 of 24,661

Well said...totally agree. I think the term "masterclass" is already becoming overused, but yeah, the contrast between those two performances is just amazing and could easily serve as a 4hr masterclass of skill in acting. Minimalism and subtlety contrasted with large scale intensity, all wrapped up in a great big wrapper of charisma. I think if we forced Benny Affleck to sit and watch those two films back to back, at some point he would simply explode

One can only hope
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back