Rate The Last Album You Heard
Nov 22, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #91 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, I thought it was just a one-off, kind of like the Ugly Casanova thing. I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the update. New Holopaw should be out now too.

Wow! new Holopaw, thanks for that update...

Nov 23, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #94 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! new Holopaw, thanks for that update...

Yea, I've got them both on order from their labels...

Holopaw - Oh Glory. Oh, Wilderness. ($8 + s/h from Bakery Outlet Records)
Old Canes - Feral Harmonic ($11 + s/h from Saddle Creek)

Nov 23, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #96 of 105
Julie London - Julie is Her Name Volume 1

Just snagged the re-release of this on 45 RPM vinyl. It is magnificent. I really like the production - just a close miked vocalist and some quiet instruments in the background. Speaking of instruments - the guitar playing is outstanding, sometimes eclipsing the vocals.

The vinyl is excellent, too. My copy is extremely quiet and the music on it is very believable.

10/10 for performance and sound

Nov 23, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #97 of 105
Booka Shade - The Sun And The Neon Light (Special editions so 2 cd's)
i think i'll give this album an 10, i really love this album
smily_headphones1.gif
its so relaxing and fun to listen too!

Nov 23, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #98 of 105
Spoon - Got Nuffin EP. 6/10.

Nov 23, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #99 of 105
Latest listen goes back to the mid 90s, with Richard Buckner and his classic second record, Devotion + Doubt. It's become essential listening for me, on a regular basis over the last few years. Beautiful recording, great set of musicians, including Howe Gelb and his Giant Sand/Calexico mates John and Joey, along with Marc Ribot, Lloyd Maines and JD Foster, but that's just all gravy. The songs, the voice, it would still shine on a beat-up old record played on a cheap-ass K-Mart blue-light special stereo. Or even on my crappy HP laptop built-in speakers ...that's how I heard it last. The sound of love gone all wrong. 10/10. One of the best ever.

Nov 23, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #101 of 105
don henley - building the perfect beast

6.9/10

a game of two halves really, some more light hearted fun tracks and some more from the heart, comprising of some of my favorite henley solo efforts including the no need for introduction, 'boys of summer' along with other solid tracks such as, 'all she wants to do is dance' and 'sunset grill'

a nice vibe to this album.

Nov 24, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #104 of 105
Big Black - Songs About F--king

9/10
great noise punk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back