Rate new dvd: Aeon Flux
May 25, 2006 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

RnB180

Member of the Trade: RnB Audio
So I picked up the movie last week, and finally got around to watching it last night before going to bed.

Its an interesting film, I think it is a worthwhile rental and the art direction of the film is fantastic.

the story is a bit cliche and generic so dont expect anything exemplarary here.
Id say its a very clean video transfer and fun to watch for the visuals alone.

Not sure if its a definate purchase for anyone but I dont regret picking up the film.

Anyone else see this movie?

May 25, 2006 at 11:02 PM Post #2 of 10
was going to pick it up last week, but didnt get around to it. perhaps I'll go rent it today since it doesnt seem too bad.

May 25, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #3 of 10
The movie got KILLED in the reviews. When you have the lowest possible expectations, I wasn't disappointed at all and was pleasantly entertained.

After all....it's Charlize. The whole movie was about eye candy!

May 26, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #4 of 10
Rent the original animated shorts (Liquid Televison) & MTV series. They exceed the live-action movie in all respects.

May 26, 2006 at 1:01 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
Rent the original animated shorts (Liquid Televison) & MTV series. They exceed the live-action movie in all respects.

Except the cartoon version is missing Charlize
wink.gif

May 26, 2006 at 7:01 AM Post #7 of 10
i have to admit i was pleasantly surprised by this movie. i know it didn't do well in the theaters since it disappeared pretty quickly so i wasn't expecting much.

it had an organic feel to it that is not typical in most sci-fi type of movies. the action wasn't forced and was well done. the story line was a typical spin on one that has been told many times over. personally, i found aeon's partner's hands instead of feet really freaky. overall i thought it did a pretty good job in catching the essence of the animated series.

so how many of you noticed that the brother was the actor from Hackers? hadn't seen him since that movie but recognized him almost immediately.

May 26, 2006 at 11:24 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
the story is a bit cliche and generic so dont expect anything exemplarary here.

That about sums it up for me. Didn't like it the least bit.

May 26, 2006 at 1:40 PM Post #9 of 10
While OK for a Sci-Fi flick, It's disappointing considering some of Ms. Theron's previous work. Not that her acting was flawed, she's just picked better vehicles in the recent past. Monster catapulted her into a very small category of exceptionally gifted actors, and this movie was a bit of a backstep IMO.

May 26, 2006 at 1:59 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
....and this movie was a bit of a backstep IMO.

The main thing that really sucked is that she nearly hurt herself very badly while making this movie. That would have been a real tragedy.

This movie certainly ain't great sci-fi, ...I did like its style, and despite some of the cliches and all the usual critcism, but it was still enjoyable to watch for me.

Compared to the movie UltraViolet which had to be the worst/most disappointing flick all year long, Aeon Flux is like a masterpiece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back