Rate my next planned purchases: Decent/Cheap Canal Headphones
Jan 11, 2011 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Silenceophobe

New Head-Fier
Hi Everybody,

Just wanted to bet some help from people who know their stuff. :)

A little bit about me; I'm a University student. I'm bearably good at guitar, and have an overall love of music. I enjoy just about anything, other than hip hop and country. My tastes range from GNR to Daft Punk, all the way to Pink Floyd, and back again. I'd say I listen to *mostly* rock.

I appreciate good music quality, so I keep all my songs uncompressed in format. Now, I just need some good headphones...

I've had a couple of sets of Sony Active Series, the first ones shorted on one side. The next faded out on the other. The sound quality was reasonably good while they lasted, but $100+ for a couple sets of earbuds is a little much, considering they lasted about 6 months total.

Main needs between the two sets:

1. I have a commute by bus, so sound insulation is a big bonus.
  2. Jogging and weight lifting is a hobby of mine, so something that fits up in there, and doesn't fall out.
  3. Durability is a key issue.
  4. Decent sound quality.

I also have ~$200 in Future Shop giftcards, so I'm looking to buy there, for at least an expensive set.

Right now, I'm thinking these MEElectronics M6-CL for jogging and intensive activities where I could easily ruin an expensive set of headphones. I'm thinking getting the clear ones, opinions?

In regards to a better quality set of canal headphones, I'm leaning towards something I can get at Future Shop using my gift cards. I've had a number of recommendations for Monster Turbine High-Performance earbuds.

Thanks for any advice!

Jan 11, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #2 of 3
The Meelectronics are probably a good starting point. The Monster stuff from FS is highly overpriced unless you get it on sale though. I would say out of all the stuff they carry the Turbine Pro series IEM's are nice but they don't really carry alot of good IEM's. You might want to consider selling the gift cards and buying your higher end IEM online.

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
The Meelectronics are probably a good starting point. The Monster stuff from FS is highly overpriced unless you get it on sale though. I would say out of all the stuff they carry the Turbine Pro series IEM's are nice but they don't really carry alot of good IEM's. You might want to consider selling the gift cards and buying your higher end IEM online.

I have a friend who works at Future shop, so he'd be able to pick them up for roughly half price ~$100. Otherwise, is there something I should opt for instead? Thanks for the help.

I like turtles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back