Raspberry Pi's are an underrated source.
post-15704882
Post #1 of 2

big45-70

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Over the last few weeks I'd been playing with my Raspi 3 and Volumio and man it is a great little source. Every USB DAC I had plugged in has worked perfectly and being able to edit your playlist with any device you happen to have in front of you is a really nice convenience factor. The setup I have decided to stick with is an old 256GB SSD with my flac collection, and a dragonfly black plugged in to a liquid spark. Its small, sounds great is low power and I really like the Volumio user face. I connected it to my local server, and this little setup has access to every music file I own.

I was slow to move to a small server for listening and did most of my listening on my PC or DAP, but since moving over to streaming locally I can't see going back.

Reactions: vmiguel and tesarpa
post-15720695
Post #2 of 2

richie60

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Agreed. I’ve got a rpi/Audiophonics dac hat that still sounds great. Upgraded with a linear power supply. Currently use a Pioneer N50 streamer mainly and when it’s time to change it, will probably build an Allo DigiOne Signature into a Dac of my choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)