RAPTGO HOOK-X In Ear Monitor
Sep 12, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #452 of 831
I keep coming back to them. They’re tuned so well. A true hit.
I couldn't agree more! The only thing I don't like about them is the fact they felt they needed to print Raptgo.... EVERYWHERE! hehe

This is such an amazing combination, I thought I would share what I am listening to/with:

20220912_155329.jpg

Sep 12, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #455 of 831
Man! I hate to sound like a fanboy but listening to these I often forget that they were only $240.... It is my belief that these really punch in at a much higher price point (for sound quality alone) IMHO.
I get you. I stopped using my Sundaras with the Zen Dac V2 and now the Hooks are my main headphones for a "desktop system".

Sep 12, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #457 of 831
I get you. I stopped using my Sundaras with the Zen Dac V2 and now the Hooks are my main headphones for a "desktop system".
I was just saying earlier, that I still love my IT-07, and won't get rid of them, but really I find myself reaching for these more often than any others at this point. They may not be flagships, or considered TOTL for many, but to me they are darned near perfect (as a planar) to my ears, and for my preferences. I find that they do almost everything very well, and don't really feel the need to change out when listening to other genres.

It just so happens they excel at rock (and variants therof), and I listen to that more often than any other genre (though I listen to most genres some).

Sep 12, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #458 of 831
They all sound magnificent with Shanling M8 but i came back to my old Xelentos. What a bass and soundstage depth!
My least favourites are the Monarchs now (even tho they are still best iems I've heard tuning wise)! They somehow destroy the great musicality of the M8 with their analytical approach.

Attachments

• 20220912_232332.jpg
    20220912_232332.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Sep 12, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #459 of 831
I was just saying earlier, that I still love my IT-07, and won't get rid of them, but really I find myself reaching for these more often than any others at this point. They may not be flagships, or considered TOTL for many, but to me they are darned near perfect (as a planar) to my ears, and for my preferences. I find that they do almost everything very well, and don't really feel the need to change out when listening to other genres.

It just so happens they excel at rock (and variants therof), and I listen to that more often than any other genre (though I listen to most genres some).
I think that the IT07 could be called flagships. They are great in detail, thy have fantastic bass in quantity and quality and they have very very good soundstage.
I honestly think that the IT07 sound even better with Shanling players than with the dx300 and dx320. They were beautiful with the M9 and they are even better with the M8.
These with the Fiio Lc-re pro cable give me the most atmospheric, deep and black soundstage ive heard. Its like a black hole which sucks you in the music.
But the Xelentos are still one of my favourites. Super fast Tesla driver with plenty of detail and very punchy and deeeep sub bass. Very impressive!

Sep 12, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #460 of 831
I think that the IT07 could be called flagships. They are great in detail, thy have fantastic bass in quantity and quality and they have very very good soundstage.
I honestly think that the IT07 sound even better with Shanling players than with the dx300 and dx320. They were beautiful with the M9 and they are even better with the M8.
These with the Fiio Lc-re pro cable give me the most atmospheric, deep and black soundstage ive heard. Its like a black hole which sucks you in the music.
But the Xelentos are still one of my favourites. Super fast Tesla driver with plenty of detail and very punchy and deeeep sub bass. Very impressive!
Oh, I agree, and I also think they are flagships... IMO, they are one of those "gems" that you find that has no business being as cheap as they are... I have tried some much more expensive IEMs and I simply don't find them to be worth the price they are charging for them.

But I was referring to the Hook-X not being flagship for many, but to my ears they are just as good, and definitely have "flagship sound". They do SOME things even better than the IT-07.

Sep 12, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #461 of 831
Oh, I agree, and I also think they are flagships... IMO, they are one of those "gems" that you find that has no business being as cheap as they are... I have tried some much more expensive IEMs and I simply don't find them to be worth the price they are charging for them.

But I was referring to the Hook-X not being flagship for many, but to my ears they are just as good, and definitely have "flagship sound". They do SOME things even better than the IT-07.
Oh i must have misunderstood. Yes the Hooks are amazing but not as rich and detailed as other 900+ dol iems. But their tuning and the soundstage is second to none. Thats why i replaced my Sundaras with them. They are soo open!

Sep 12, 2022 at 10:43 PM Post #463 of 831
Ok, just made an extended comparisons between the Hook X and my other iems and i think than the Hook is better than the Nannas, IT07 and the Xelento.
It isnt better than the Monarchs 2 technically but it has wider stage.
These are insane! They beat 900-1000e iems!
Well, I knew you would like them better than the Timeless, but WOW! Fantastic (for your ears anyhow). hahah

I think that my IT-07 are better, but I DO find myself reaching for the Hook-X more often, so there is that..... :)

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #464 of 831
Well, I knew you would like them better than the Timeless, but WOW! Fantastic (for your ears anyhow). hahah

I think that my IT-07 are better, but I DO find myself reaching for the Hook-X more often, so there is that..... :)
Yeah the IT07 are slightly better technically but the Hooks have better tuning and waaay better staging. At least to my ears:wink:

Sep 12, 2022 at 11:02 PM Post #465 of 831
Yeah the IT07 are slightly better technically but the Hooks have better tuning and waaay better staging. At least to my ears:wink:
There is just something about them, I cannot quite put my finger on it.

The IT07 are indeed better at most things, but I find the smoothness of the Hook while still retaining clarity much like Amp13 is with the DX. And because of that, even cranking the volume a bit they still remain smooth and non fatiguing. All in all they are just different, which makes them keepers in my camp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back