RAPTGO HOOK-X In Ear Monitor
Sep 5, 2022 at 7:14 PM Post #436 of 831
Rhodium is a worse conductor than gold, isn't it? Silver-plated connectors are covered with Rhodium for mechanical protection and against oxidation.
You are correct in all areas.

But Rhodium is more expensive than gold, which is why the latter is normally used more often than the former. Generally speaking though, Rhodium is considered more desirable (by a lot of audiophiles, especially in tropical climates) because, it has better mechanical protection, and corrosion protection than gold as well, and will last a lifetime. Whereas gold is basically a compromise, giving good performance similar to Rhodium, but does not last as long overall.

Sep 5, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #437 of 831
So after a bit too much intoxicants I bought one of these. Running it with the PW no10 8 wire that I bought to use with my U12t with the shanling m8 and omg stunning for $250. These could easily be daily drivers and are just plain smoking with rock. Overkill the the dap and cable I know but it's what I had on hand.

Sep 5, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #441 of 831
My only real quibble with these is lower bass weight and texture. Now realize my other iems are the z1r and u12t so at $250 these are a stone cold steal.
Yeah its a planar bass. Its more ethereal and doesnt have the weight of the dynamic drivers. But i personally think that the bass has great authority when paired with the M8. It really kicks hard and deep.

Sep 5, 2022 at 9:31 PM Post #442 of 831
Yeah its a planar bass. Its more ethereal and doesnt have the weight of the dynamic drivers. But i personally think that the bass has great authority when paired with the M8. It really kicks hard and deep.
Big ups to you and @szore for putting me on to the m8 and these. I didn't want to believe but Damn if you both didn't nail it

Sep 5, 2022 at 9:50 PM Post #443 of 831
Big ups to you and @szore for putting me on to the m8 and these. I didn't want to believe but Damn if you both didn't nail it
I just paired the Hook with an 8 wire gold plated silver. Really comes alive! Especially on my deesktop.

20220905_144724.jpg

Sep 6, 2022 at 7:10 AM Post #444 of 831
guys i want to buy 1 iem around 270 usd or less... which is best iem in term of technicallities , like :

micro details dan resolution,
separataion,
layering,
depth,
Height,
imaging accuracy,

and i really love great treble, my preferences treble tonal are :

- Complete treble from lower treble till uppee treble, sparkly, crispy, (but in good way)
- Treble roll off smooth not fast,
- So had great treble extension & airy...
- treble must be have great impact and attack...

what is the best recomendation under 270 usd. (if i can said the max price is Oxygen price 270usd)

the option :

1. raptgo hookx,
2. tanchjim oxygen,
3. letshuoer s12,
4. Tin P1 Max,
5. Aune Jasper,

or any recomendation guys other IEM ?

nb.
my sopurce :
dac amp ifi gryphone.
dac amp topping ex5.

both have output power 1000mW.

and my fav iem that i have now HZsound Heart Mirror.

very thanks full mate...

Sep 6, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #446 of 831
guys i want to buy 1 iem around 270 usd or less... which is best iem in term of technicallities , like :

separataion,
layering,
depth,
Height,
imaging accuracy,

- Complete treble from lower treble till uppee treble, sparkly, crispy, (but in good way)

what is the best recomendation under 270 usd. (if i can said the max price is Oxygen price 270usd)

the option :

1. raptgo hookx,
2. tanchjim oxygen,
3. letshuoer s12,
4. Tin P1 Max,
5. Aune Jasper,

nb.
my sopurce :
dac amp ifi gryphone.
dac amp topping ex5.

very thanks full mate...
go check intime thread

Sep 7, 2022 at 7:57 AM Post #448 of 831
Should have bought this one in the first place 🤣 Love how these sound with live bootlegs/recordings. The mid bass is enjoyable on this set

The timeless was a good introduction to planar iem's. Dioko is just too bright, good for edm, but useless on other genres Unless eq'd.

Ended up also purchasing a set of Tangzu Wu Zetian's, so it will be interesting what those sound like, later this month.

Sep 7, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #449 of 831

separataion,
layering,
depth,
Height,
imaging accuracy,

the option :

1. raptgo hookx,
2. tanchjim oxygen,
3. letshuoer s12,
4. Tin P1 Max,
5. Aune Jasper,

nb.
my sopurce :
dac amp ifi gryphone.
dac amp topping ex5.

very thanks full mate...

Personally, I’m a DD kind of guy, but I do often return to my S12 planars. However, if I were you I’d be waiting for the dump of reviews for the new Moondrop Stellaris planars… should be soon…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back