Raps vs Lakers (SPOILER)
Jan 23, 2006 at 6:07 AM Post #3 of 23
Yeah, I watched the game...the crazy thing was that he only had 26 at the half...I'm not a fan of Kobe anymore, but man...what a performance. Too bad it had to happen to my raptors...
mad.gif

Jan 23, 2006 at 6:26 AM Post #5 of 23
The other instances where he's had these high scoring outputs have always been in blowouts (Dallas earlier this yr, Memphis and Washington a couple years ago) so Phil usually pulls him out before the game ends. But this time the Raptors were killing the Lakers in the first half and Kobe basically single-handedly pulled the Lakers back into the game in the 3rd quarter and gave them the lead in the 4th. With about 3 minutes to go in the game, the Lakers had a pretty comfortable lead. But the guys kept feeding the ball to Kobe to see what he could do. Usually I would be against this, but Kobe willed the team to victory and the fans wanted it (it was at Staples) so I have no problem with the decision to keep him in the game. Also, if you read accounts of Wilt's famous 100 point game (there is no tape of this), it was documented that Wilt's teammates were intentionally fouling guys on the other team just to give Wilt more touches on the offensive end to reach 100. LOL! Kobe's FG percentage tonight was also more efficient than Wilt's on his night (61% vs. 57%).

If I was Sam Mitchell (coach of the Raptors), I would've sent the trap to Kobe every time to make him get rid of the ball. They did this a couple of times, but amazingly, the majority was single coverage. Even when the rest of the Lakers are garbage and cannot make open jumpers to save their lives. Way to go coach!

I never thought I would see 81 points in the modern era though. Unreal.

Jan 23, 2006 at 7:32 AM Post #6 of 23
Hope he's enjoying his crappy headphones....

Kobe-Daughter400.jpg

**edit**
Looks like they are the TV crews, not his.

Garrett

Jan 23, 2006 at 3:35 PM Post #7 of 23
kramer, i love the fact that a head-fier can take an 81pt night from kobe and bring it back to headphones somehow
evil_smiley.gif
but seriously, kobe really is a superstar - too bad he couldn't get along with shaq.

Jan 23, 2006 at 5:05 PM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
Before Kobe got drafted to pro, he dominated in his high school team, he probably had a 100 point game in high school.

Nope, he said in the postgame interview that he has never scored this much, not even in his dreams.

Although I am not a bid Kobe fan (was more of a Shaq fan), the guy was so giddy after the game. Like a kid on Christmas morning. It is obvious that the guy has such a deep love of the game and an incredible desire to be the best. He is still only 27 y.o. Amazing. I love to watch history.

Jan 23, 2006 at 5:33 PM Post #10 of 23
I wish they televised it here in Ga yesterday. I was about to go to bed until I went on ESPN and it said that he scored 67 points, and that was in the third quarter. I'm not a big fan of him, but you have to give a lot of credit.

Jan 23, 2006 at 6:45 PM Post #11 of 23
I used to live in Portland and be a blazers fan, so needless to say after our playoff run ins with the lakers back in the 90's I am not a kobe fan at all. But still that is quite amazing. Recently he has been just amazing in general, averaging something like 47 ppg in 4 or 5 games?

Jan 23, 2006 at 7:13 PM Post #12 of 23
Before the game I told my brother kobe's going to drop 68 tonight. Damn I was way off. :p

Biggie.

Jan 23, 2006 at 8:08 PM Post #13 of 23
I don't have the time right now to edit specific comments out of posts, so I tentatively deleted all posts that mention burning the game on DVD (or any other format) for distribution, as I do not know the legal issues involved in doing that.

Please discuss the game, the achievement, etc., but refrain from requesting or offering distribution of reproductions of the game.

Jan 23, 2006 at 8:28 PM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
I don't have the time right now to edit specific comments out of posts, so I tentatively deleted all posts that mention burning the game on DVD (or any other format) for distribution, as I do not know the legal issues involved in doing that.

Please discuss the game, the achievement, etc., but refrain from requesting or offering distribution of reproductions of the game.

I was gonna say...but figured it wasn't my place...good game anyway, the highlights give you the idea...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back