Rap Sucks
Feb 23, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #557 of 782
Um, I think Mark_H was being sarcastic in a fun way. That song was bloody 'orrible.
darthsmile.gif

Feb 23, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #558 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was posting the youtube of Edan a joke? That was terrible.

The Atmosphere and Lupe Fiasco lyrics are pretty good. The others are garbage.

There are plenty of rock hater clubs, btw, and there are just as many generalities about rock from the rap crowd. Most rock fans don't defend the genre like a hungry pitbull tearing someone's leg off like the rap supporters do. Know why? We like rock, and don't care if someone else doesn't like it. Generally speaking of course, as there are plenty of dudes willing to put their army boot in your nose if you say "Pantera sucks".

All day at work the entire office makes fun of what I listen to while they put some awful r&b/rap station. Doesn't bother me in the least, but it's real easy to bait them into an argument if I pass by and comment about whatever garbage "song" is currently being played.

Generally minorities have to be more outspoken when they are being knocked. Sure you guys say that rap is taking over the world and stuff, but honestly as a whole, people don't respect rap as a genre and some more extreme people think it should just die off.

Feb 23, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #559 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Generally minorities have to be more outspoken when they are being knocked. Sure you guys say that rap is taking over the world and stuff, but honestly as a whole, people don't respect rap as a genre and some more extreme people think it should just die off.

I sure as hell wish it would die off...
tongue_smile.gif

I know we could go in circles forever, but rap as a whole has deserved far more criticism than any other genre, being that it is a genre that relied almost SOLELY (especially in the earlier years) on direct sampling of music, and "as a whole" has spewed more negativity and venom than any other genre, by a very wide margin in the mainstream. Doesn't matter what the reason for doing so was/is, but that is the simple reality.

Feb 23, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #560 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Um, I think Mark_H was being sarcastic in a fun way. That song was bloody 'orrible.
darthsmile.gif

I doubt he was being sarcastic, he probably just likes the song (I know I do). That song's from a fairly obscure album, but one which is pretty highly acclaimed by those who have heard it.

Feb 23, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #563 of 782
Rap sucks?...didn't disco suck? Oh yeah, that was another decade.
Regardless of rap's content - you gotta admit it brought back the funk from the doldrums of the Eighties that's what makes some of it so dangerous - you hear a groovy ass bassline a solid beat and on top of it some of the nastiest attitude put on record...I'll listen to Snoop's 'Doggy Style' anytime - dat's sum funky ass sh**!
Get's the party started a lot easier than throwing on some Emperor.

Feb 23, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #564 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by rocker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rap sucks?...didn't disco suck? Oh yeah, that was another decade.
Regardless of rap's content - you gotta admit it brought back the funk from the doldrums of the Eighties that's what makes some of it so dangerous - you hear a groovy ass bassline a solid beat and on top of it some of the nastiest attitude put on record...I'll listen to Snoop's 'Doggy Style' anytime - dat's sum funky ass sh**!
Get's the party started a lot easier than throwing on some Emperor.

Yes rap does suck... hilarious sig by the way.

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #567 of 782
Wow I just joined and this thread really ******* pisses me off with all the ignorance. Rap IS music and all of you faggots saying "All rap sucks" are ******* IGNORANT. Listen to some ******* underground hip hop before you make ******* sweeping generalizations you ******* clueless dickless turds....WU TANG CLAN...NAS...THE ROOTS..TUPAC.....BIGGIE SMALLS..just a few good ones. Open your mind and stop being ******* ignorant!!!!!

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #568 of 782
You do know the last time anyone mentioned anything on this thread was in 2009? I would edit your rage if you look at some of these guys that posted on this thread they were banned meaning they were kicked out of this community.  Probably because they were ignorant.

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #569 of 782
Good beat, and ya can dance to it ~

deadhorse.gif

Two and a half year old thread got you to sign-on, eh... Welcome ~

popcorn.gif

Oct 2, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #570 of 782

Users who are viewing this thread

Back