Rap and Hip Hop appreciation thread!
Oct 8, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #91 of 662
dPhHrT9GGI6R1ARrstx8tqf_W-masjLxMWIiy5cZs5LNLsyR8tYM-IKsQ5Q7cU0yXAUMhkVq4w=s360-c-e100-rwu-v1

Oct 27, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #99 of 662
Kanye produced the sound? He does produce good sound, is why he is one. I like Pharrell Williams sound production as well.

Personally, I don't like modern rap. Doesn't have the rawness or realness.

I would bet a lot of money that you mostly only listen to mainstream stuff. My last few posts in this thread I think should make great antidotes for that. YMMV

Oct 27, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #100 of 662
I would bet a lot of money that you mostly only listen to mainstream stuff. My last few posts in this thread I think should make great antidotes for that. YMMV
You bet right, and it's whatever I'm exposed to. I'm sure there are lots of hiphop artists I'm not aware of, but one thing for sure, mainstream hip-hop is not like what it once were. Actually in truth, I don't listen to mainstream because like I said I don't like modern hip-hop.

Oct 27, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #101 of 662
You bet right, and it's whatever I'm exposed to. I'm sure there are lots of hiphop artists I'm not aware of, but one thing for sure, mainstream hip-hop is not like what it once were. Actually in truth, I don't listen to mainstream because like I said I don't like modern hip-hop.

It's come to the point where mainstream hip hop represents the culture only because its the loudest and with the biggest spotlight; slowly hip hop will slip to the point where Country resides and the whole genre will be garbage :wink:
Well, there is plenty of quality out there as long as you don't rely on your TV or most radio stations to show it to you but that can be said about almost everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back