Rant: AKG Consumer Customer Service SUCKS!
Jan 21, 2014 at 2:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pclov3r

100+ Head-Fier
I don't know were to start but my experience of trying to get an RA number for my AKG K550s has been utterly appalling

I sent an email to AKG 2 days of no response finally got a response asking for information and than told it's a consumer product today.

The website is broken and AKG Consumer and Professional are supported by two different divisions of Harman apparently but they do not tell you on the AKG Website Really?

Trying to get a hold of AKG Consumer on the phone was impossible. I had to go dig and find a number for Harman Consumer. After getting transferred 3 times I got an RA number. Yes, 3 times!

I got an RA number but i guess it's been closed now and my case closed saying they don't warranty products bought off of eBay even tho i purchased it from a authorized re-seller called Razor Dog! Audio Really? What!

They did say they will replace it anyways but things are an utter mess. I left a voice mail for them and will try to get a response to clear this mess up.

Edit: They told me Razor Dog! audio is not an authorized re-seller but they are? I'm pretty sure they are and just asked Brian over there about it. He's an awesome guy btw.

EDIT 2: What do you know they have wrong information...

None the less they are replacing it hopefully. Finally have a damn RA number to use.

Jan 21, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #3 of 6
Razor dog is an authorized AKG reseller, probably support are the last to know which retailers/dealers are on their networks 
biggrin.gif

Hope all goes well. 

Jan 21, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #4 of 6
Looks like I'll get a brand new replacement hopefully.

I'm looking at maybe buying some K712 PROs

Jan 21, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #6 of 6
Are they replacing your headphones with the K712? If not, why not try a different brand so you won't have to go through this kind of ordeal again?

Becuase i like the AKG sound

And no, I'm getting the same K550 as a replacement. Was thinking about buying a pair of open headphones.

Reason being i liked the K550 sound and curious about the K712 PRO sound. I've been told those are supported under the professional division of the company which is much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back