Rank Ultrasone by bass impact
Mar 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

devgru

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All,

It's difficult to make a decision on Ultrasone unless you go straight to the Pro 900. I was wondering if the experienced  head-fiers could rank the Ultrasone line from bass-heavy to bass-light. Thanks!

Mar 18, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
Hi All,

It's difficult to make a decision on Ultrasone unless you go straight to the Pro 900. I was wondering if the experienced  head-fiers could rank the Ultrasone line from bass-heavy to bass-light. Thanks!

PRO900 - All bass, all treble. Not actually a very good audiophile headphone. It's a mid-bass cannon with massive treble spike, but huge impact.
PRO750 - More mild on the mid-bass hump, otherwise, quite similar, great impact.
PRO650 - More of a linear sound of the PRO line.
PRO550 - The more shy PRO of the line.

I generally suggest the 650 and 750 to folk interested in an Ultrasone, I find their sound and price points to be the better entry point.

Very best,

Mar 18, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
How does the hfi2400 work into this equation?

The HFI2400 has a smoother treble, the open air Ultrasones are a lot less fatiguing. The mids are great, and the bass is there, but it definitely doesn't have the big sub-bass drop capability of the 750/900. It's bassy, but not overly bassy. It's a good headphone though, I think it's probably my favorite Ultrasone at this point simply because it sounds normal, and... well, not like an Ultrasone (hah). Ultrasones in general sound metallic and cold to me, too much treble in general for my taste and I like sparkle (love Denon 2k/5k for example, but not the 1100).

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back