Rank the best sounding daps that you heard
Jul 6, 2022 at 8:02 AM Post #616 of 856
The faster the card, the better is going to sound. There are many people that say the Micron brand cards sound best followed by SanDisk extreme pro

Jul 29, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #618 of 856
There are many people that say the Micron brand cards sound best followed by SanDisk extreme pro
i had long conversion about and agree with you here. the sandisk extreme pro (170mb version) is highly recommended by so many users here.

Sep 5, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #619 of 856
Does anyone know of a DAP that will play 6 channel Flac files? I realize it's still only going into 2 ears, but my desktop rig plays them via foobar and however it's translating over to my headphones sounds pretty awesome!

Sep 5, 2022 at 10:11 PM Post #620 of 856
Thou seeketh the legendary Hexagonal DAC? To hear reality as god intended?

Sep 5, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #621 of 856
Sep 5, 2022 at 11:23 PM Post #622 of 856
Sep 5, 2022 at 11:30 PM Post #623 of 856
If this were Reddit, I'd give you gold or whatever the kids now days call it. THANKS!
The Shanling M8 also does DTS if that's what... your files are? I don't know if a 6 channel FLAC = DTS.

I don't understand it that well, but it's a neat little problem to mull over.

Sep 10, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #625 of 856
I have upgrade-itis. I really appreciate this thread.

I have a Hugo 2 with it’s 2Go streamer for portability around the house. Not really a walk around set up, but it’s great for going room to room. I stream via Roon. I also have a Lotoo Paw 6000 for walking around the house and the block with good dog Roy. Headphones/IEM are Focal Utopia, Audeze LCD-1, Audio 64 U12T, Audeze LCD-i4. I don’t have DAP experience for ranking other than to say the Lotoo is great, and I’ll trade SQ for streaming, if that trade off is necessary in a portable. This thread has been very helpful regarding upgrading for a more portable solution than the Lotoo PAW 6000. I have two questions that I hope you can help me with.

1. For in house portability, is there really anything sonically superior than the Hugo 2 and Roon setup?
2. Will the Cayin be have ”wow” SQ improvement over the Lotoo PAW 6000? Any other thoughts appreciated.

I am not really technically knowledgeable and I really appreciate the comments. I listen mostly to Jazz, Classical, and Rock.

Sep 12, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #626 of 856
I am kind of like you, I haven’t heard a ton of options but I do have a PAW 6000 and recently bought a Cayin N8ii. I also have the U12t. To my ears, the Cayin is a worthy upgrade. I do like the Lotoo but the Cayin is quite a bit better and improves the more you listen to it. Break in or mental acuity, who knows. I listen mostly to acoustic jazz, with a lot of other stuff sprinkled in.

Sep 13, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #627 of 856
Not had lots of DAP's but of ones I've had/used in recent years.

Sony WM1AM2 (currently use)
Sony WM1ZM2
HIBY R5II class A amp (currently use)
SONY ZX507
SONY A107
HIBY R3 Pro (maybe more than A107)
SONY ZX300
FIIO M11
FIIO X5III
SONY ZX2 (too much background noise for my only IEM's at the time)

Best DAC/AMP Hugo2

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #628 of 856
I am kind of like you, I haven’t heard a ton of options but I do have a PAW 6000 and recently bought a Cayin N8ii. I also have the U12t. To my ears, the Cayin is a worthy upgrade. I do like the Lotoo but the Cayin is quite a bit better and improves the more you listen to it. Break in or mental acuity, who knows. I listen mostly to acoustic jazz, with a lot of other stuff sprinkled in.
Thank you for the excellent and very much appreciated reply.

Sep 21, 2022 at 6:20 AM Post #629 of 856
I read the last pages of this thread, this is funny to read how the ranking may be different from one to another... :D
I think it would be great to add which iems/headphone is used for this ranking, or simply if this is with iems or headphones.
Regarding myself, my ranking would be different with an HE6 or an AKT8ie mk2...

Sep 21, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #630 of 856
I read the last pages of this thread, this is funny to read how the ranking may be different from one to another... :D
I think it would be great to add which iems/headphone is used for this ranking, or simply if this is with iems or headphones.
Regarding myself, my ranking would be different with an HE6 or an AKT8ie mk2...
You can check my first post and you will see that I specified that I listen mostly to iems and the metal is the genre of music that I like to listen. You can also contribute with your own list based on your preference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back