Rank all the headphones you own + with descriptions -> don't type a paragraph
May 7, 2021 at 3:40 AM Post #16 of 34
By sound :

1- Final Audio D8000Pro
2- Stax SR007Mk2
3- Hifiman HE6SE (with the right ampification...)
4-AKG371
5- Kennerton Odin
6- BeyerdynamicT1.2
7- Beyerdynamic DT1770

By Usage

1- D8000Pro
2- AKG K371 & Stax SR007Mk2
3- HE6SE
Other are sold...

May 7, 2021 at 8:32 AM Post #17 of 34
@Shane D quite an upside down with the Elex last for pricing! great ranking!..

also I love my iFi Zen CAN!!! those 3d/bass buttons are AMAZABALLS
The order is random. I just cut and pasted from my signature.:ksc75smile:

May 7, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #19 of 34
May 7, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #20 of 34
Some of these are hard to rank right for me as some are very close. The top 5 I rate quite a bit above the other headphones. How I rank the top 4 sound quality wise depends on the system, none are driven to their full potential so impressions are subject to change in the future.

1.) Beyerdynamic T1 Gen 3: This is my favorite headphone, unique tuning but oddly sounds the most natural to me, great timbre, and that bass. Number 1 due to the overall package of comfort, tuning, practicality, versatility, and technicalities.

2.) Kaldas RR 1 Conquest (Nighthawk microsuede pads): The only estat I own, great timbre, detail, clarity, great extension, and wonderful imaging and soundstage. Bright/neutral sound sig and comfortable but a little heavy.

3.) Beyerdynamic DT 480 - 25 Ohm (modded): Very detailed, very fast, top tier imaging, best clarity of all my headphones, and best dynamic body in the midrange and vocals. Seal sensitivity, power hungriness, and heaviness are its main drawbacks.

4.) Beyerdynamic T1 Gen 2 Black: Previous number 1 but displaced by the Gen 3. Brighter/ leaner sounding and less clampy than the gen 3 but shares some traits.

5.) Audioquest Nighthawk Carbon: Nice relaxing sound but there seems to be some cup reverb, dynamically more laid-back than the 4 above and doesn’t scale as much but is very comfortable.

These headphones are ranked notably lower due to sound quality and/or comfort.

6.) Sennheiser HD 560 S: Very comfortable and a brighter/neutral smooth sound. Not bad but problem is it lacks some actual detail, imaging/soundstage is just okay, decay is bit too short, and it lacks some body and dynamic impact.

7.) AKG K245: Tonality, tuning, and timbre is great, but slightly flabby low-end is main sonic drawback. Uncomfortable.

8.) AKG K275: More forward mids and leaner bass than the K245. Addictive midrange. Doesn’t scale as much and comfort is the same as the K245.

Last edited:
May 7, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #22 of 34
1-Shure shr1840 - a control freak, every instrument has it own place on its really short soundstage.
highs are kinda harsh but the most detailing headphone I ever had.
2- Akg q701 - long time ago, I not prepared for it.

May 7, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #23 of 34
1-Shure shr1840 - a control freak, every instrument has it own place on its really short soundstage.
highs are kinda harsh but the most detailing headphone I ever had.
2- Akg q701 - long time ago, I not prepared for it.
so based on the lower price SHURE offering I assume the expensive ones are amazing for price to performance but never hear them mentioned (to be fair the cheaper ones that hit above weight don't get mentioned often either)...

Also this thread keeps reminding me that my galaxy buds pro were tuned by AKG and I wanted the N400's instead and the 7XX and I still want AKG headphones man damn

May 10, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #24 of 34
HFM cans run on Rag 1 (9.6), HD-600 on BHOC w/ speedball w/ mods (9.4). DAC for all Gumby v1 (9.75). All using LG v40/Tidal MQA/UAPP/Toneboosters Parametric EQ (9.75).

HE-6se v1 9.65: Good all around, less splashy and angular in treble than HE-6, but lacking intense bass snap.
HE-500 9.60: Yes modded. Mids better than any HE-6 - really. Bass not as good. Very easy on ears. Exact EQ on each channel tough.
HD-600 9.45: More bass and better imaging than from SS amps, very silky and seductive via some added HD.
HEX v2 9.2: Early morning or late night can. Similar bass to Ananda, well more laid back in mids and highs and far more seductive.

Susvara and Voce are my two favorites that I don't own. Huge list of denigrated cans, but, not here.

May 12, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #27 of 34
1. Abyss AB-1266 TC
Cover all your needs and genres? Really impressive... I have read (I don't know if was here or in a youtube video comment) someone that sold all his cans and purchased the 1266 and is very happy with the decision he took...

May 13, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #28 of 34
Cover all your needs and genres? Really impressive... I have read (I don't know if was here or in a youtube video comment) someone that sold all his cans and purchased the 1266 and is very happy with the decision he took...
To my ears yes. I am after simplicity, so having one "do it all" is what I always wanted. AB-1266 gets very close to that. I have owned a fair share of headphones (LCD 2 and 3, Arya, Ether CX, Clear, Diana V2) and auditioned others (LCD 4, Utopia, HE-1, Stax) and for me, AB-1266 is as good as it gets.

May 13, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #29 of 34
To my ears yes. I am after simplicity, so having one "do it all" is what I always wanted. AB-1266 gets very close to that. I have owned a fair share of headphones (LCD 2 and 3, Arya, Ether CX, Clear, Diana V2) and auditioned others (LCD 4, Utopia, HE-1, Stax) and for me, AB-1266 is as good as it gets.
Are you a multigenre listener? What genres do you prefer and which do you notice exceptional (and not so freaking good) with the 1266?

May 13, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #30 of 34
How are you finding the 1266 with TT2??

I'm tempted to either get TT2 + Mscaler with mine, or add the Formula S + powerman to my RME ADI2, neither seem cheap to do :disappointed_relieved:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back