random discussion thread
Aug 21, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #736 of 804

Quote:

woohoo! nice to hear. how much would it cost you to build a beta22? and I assume the gain in the O2 was 2.5x right?

Roughly $400 in parts alone (Amp boards are $97 a channel at Glassjaraudio and a Sigma22 is $111.) The O2 is looking pretty good. Can'ts wait for boards.

And to add random to this thread:

Aug 21, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #737 of 804
Thanks for the O2 impressions deadlylover.  I'm intentionally staying out of the other thread, but thanks for being the first person to contribute something useful to it.

Aug 21, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #738 of 804
Ohay, I finally got a confirmation email for the Touchpad order. 

Aug 22, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #745 of 804
That's...interesting.  Too bad I can't link to it...

Aug 22, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #748 of 804
Quote:
woohoo! nice to hear. how much would it cost you to build a beta22? and I assume the gain in the O2 was 2.5x right?

You can have my sword.

Yup, the gain was 2.something ish, it behaved nicely with my sauce.

I actually built that balanced beta22 that I used for the comparison, the total damage to wallet was about $700, it's balanced though, so a normal 2ch one would hit you for about $500. I'm expecting a fully built Obj2 to run at about $130 or so (about $50 is into shipping). All these prices include everything, including kangaroo shipping to Australia.

Quote:
Thanks for the O2 impressions deadlylover.  I'm intentionally staying out of the other thread, but thanks for being the first person to contribute something useful to it.

Thanks, anything for Team Headphone Girls.

Quote:
will I get scarred?

Yes.

Aug 22, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #749 of 804
Quote:
lollery..maverick cover your eyes! you're too young to watch this! 

I'm too young?  Too late.  I already saw it.  It wasn't as awful as I was expecting either.  Maybe I'm just jaded but I was just wishing I could pass along the link to those too lazy to double click, right click, and hit search.

Also, even if I was my avatar, she's not exactly what I'd call too young either.  She may be young, but she's seen an awful lot of really terrible things as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back