Raleigh meet: What May day?
Mar 21, 2005 at 4:17 AM Post #2 of 49
11 people voted in the previous poll and eight choose the winner, May. So far only 5 head-fiers have participated in this, second poll to pick a date. Where are y'all? [Southernism alert]
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2005 at 9:21 PM Post #3 of 49
Any more folks interested in coming to a Raleigh meet? If so please choose the dates that work for you.

As of March 23, the 7th and the 14 are tied with 5 votes. However, I "voted" in the poll for the 7th and 8 without realizing that I had a previous commitment. Is there a way to unvote? Anyhow, mentally subtract one vote from the 7th and the 8th.

Let's get some discussion going about where the meet will be and what equipment folks can bring. Other stuff we should be dealing with at this point?

Mar 24, 2005 at 5:33 AM Post #4 of 49
I'm about an hour and a half to 2 hours west of Raleigh, near Salisbury. I voted for the two most popular dates. Actually, any time but the 1st is Ok for me.

I'm afraid my equipment is pretty pedestrian compared to what others may have. But I've got an unmodded CD25, WooAudio 3 and Senn650, RS1 and SA5K cans, all unmodded. Still in the upgrade stage of rebuilding a 15 year old system and focusing on the headphone set up just now.

I'm willing to help out getting things set up if needed. Also looking forward to seeing/hearing other equipment and meeting other head-fiers. Drew might sell me a set of Silver Dragons if he can make it
eggosmile.gif

-------- Tom

Mar 26, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #5 of 49
I can bring: HD650/Zu Mobius, PPA, Zu Birth PC, EMU 0404. We could have the meet at my parents place in Fayetteville, but thats quite a drive for some of you.

Anyone around here got an Orpheus?
orphsmile.gif

Mar 27, 2005 at 8:40 AM Post #6 of 49
I would prefer the 14th since final exams end for me on the 10th. I will be staying at home in Cary so hopefully the location will preferably be w/in a 1/2 hr driving distance. I can bring my Rio Carbon, MS-1 (w/ Headphile beta pads), Supermacro-3 amp (should be coming in this week or the next), ATH-CM7Ti(w/ Ratshack silicon tips for sanitary reasons), and my recently acquired Wiremold L10320 power strip (it makes quite a difference in sound quality, you have to hear it to believe it). I wish I could expand my setup further but I just recently lost my part time job because the resturant I worked at got shut down abruptly...oh well
rolleyes.gif

Mar 30, 2005 at 10:24 PM Post #7 of 49
Let me encourage others in the Raleigh, NC area to be proactive in organizing this meet. It looks like I will not be attending, given the winning dates in the poll (7th: 4, 14th: 5). Go to it guys.

Apr 3, 2005 at 3:57 PM Post #8 of 49
... with no responses since your last post,

It appears the Meet has died on the vine. I'm too far from Raliegh to host, but I'm willing to help out anyway I can. If there is anyone in or around Raleigh who can host, let me know how I can help. -- Tom

Apr 4, 2005 at 1:05 AM Post #10 of 49
Drew,
If there is still enough interest, I am retired and can do any legwork needed, picking up refreshments/munchies etc. I have a couple of portable folding tables, zu power cords and surge protectors. --- Tom

Quote:

Originally Posted by drubrew
I can host if the date works out.
Thanx
Drew Baird
Moon Audio
[/url]

Apr 4, 2005 at 3:56 AM Post #11 of 49
I really hope the meet is still on... I want to hear the RS-1s and Blue/Silver Dragon cables! I dont have any time to help with the setup due to work, but I would definately be there!

Apr 14, 2005 at 12:40 AM Post #14 of 49
14th is good for me! Drew, will the new Blue Dragon version 2 Senn cables be ready by May 14th? I'm really itching to try one out
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back