Raising PM Limit
Nov 29, 2001 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

shivohum

Keeper of the Quotes
Jude, would you consider raising the limit of PMs we can have in our box at once? Maybe I'm just popular
very_evil_smiley.gif
, but I think 75 is simply too constrictive a limit. Maybe 75/3 months or something would work better
smily_headphones1.gif
. Or else perhaps you could allow a way for us to download our PMs?

I like to keep an archive of my correspondence, and it's pretty much impossible with the limit set so low.

Nov 29, 2001 at 10:12 PM Post #2 of 7
shivohum,

Actually, I quietly raised the limit a little while ago (I think it's 125 now, but I'll double-check in a sec). It's important to remember to clear out your tracked messages, as those count in the total.

As far as archiving messages, that's exactly what's being limited by this, as we don't want a thousand (and, in the future, two or three thousand) members archiving a bazillion messages. Though I do understand the desire to have increased limits, everything has to be multiplied many many times over to understand the true net effect of such changes.

Hopefully the new limit gives you some extra breathing room. Again, though, I highly recommend deleting at least the "read" messages in the tracked messagese section.

Nov 29, 2001 at 11:06 PM Post #4 of 7
Jude, a good way might be to have a button to "email to self" -- the forum software has email capability built in, so this would be a great solution, IMO.

Nov 29, 2001 at 11:06 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

It's important to remember to clear out your tracked messages, as those count in the total.

Ah, I didn't know that -- thanks.

Quote:

Regarding the downloading of PM's.....hmmm.....that's a good idea. I'll have to talk to someone here about how that could be implemented. I'm hardly that clever myself.

Me neither
smily_headphones1.gif
. I'm just good at making suggestions that take lots of Other People's Work to accomplish.
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2001 at 11:13 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by jude
Regarding the downloading of PM's.....hmmm.....that's a good idea. I'll have to talk to someone here about how that could be implemented.

Or possibly just the ability to email copies of these to myself. I am actually quite proud of some of my outgoing correspondences. I get a bit of diarrhea of the fingers, for some reason. Quote:

I'm hardly that clever myself.

Oh, I doubt that very much.

Nov 30, 2001 at 12:09 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by jude
I highly recommend deleting at least the "read" messages in the tracked messagese section.

Thanks for the pointer Jude, i wasn't aware of that feature...cleaned em out!

George

Users who are viewing this thread

Back