Rainbow Foil, Initial impressions
Apr 19, 2004 at 9:19 PM Post #226 of 466
It is of course worth remembering that the emperor can indeed , have no clothes.

Setmenu

Apr 19, 2004 at 9:33 PM Post #227 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by radrd
You can't find an explanation, at least not one that a rational human being would call an explanation, as putting foil on something will not make it perform better. Period. That is, unless we are talking about wrapping up leftovers in aluminum foil. Foil serves a purpose there, as the leftovers will not spoil as quickly. Putting foil on your CDs is really just a waste of perfectly good foil that could be used to preserve food for a while.

Now, one can argue that putting foil on something will make you think it will sound better. I personally don't like to trick myself into believing something sounds good, but YMMV.

And just when this was getting interesting again....... who's next on the "I haven't tried it but I'll slag it rota"?

Apr 19, 2004 at 9:40 PM Post #228 of 466
Remember those bracelets you had as kids, made of plastic that would stay straight until you snapped them against your wrist (so they'd curl around your wrist)? I forget what they're called. Anyway, I remember owning at least one coated with none other than RAINBOW FOIL. If I had had Peter Belt's brilliant genius guiding me as a young child, surely the properties of the rainbow foil snappy bracelet would have granted me a great many more successes than I've already experienced. I'd be a lottery winner, I bet.

Actually, I'm really happy right now. Everything in my life is going extremely well. Probably because I was smart enough to wear a rainbow foil bracelet fifteen years ago.

- Chris

Apr 19, 2004 at 9:45 PM Post #229 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by minya
Remember those bracelets you had as kids, made of plastic that would stay straight until you snapped them against your wrist (so they'd curl around your wrist)? I forget what they're called. Anyway, I remember owning at least one coated with none other than RAINBOW FOIL. If I had had Peter Belt's brilliant genius guiding me as a young child, surely the properties of the rainbow foil snappy bracelet would have granted me a great many more successes than I've already experienced. I'd be a lottery winner, I bet.

Actually, I'm really happy right now. Everything in my life is going extremely well. Probably because I was smart enough to wear a rainbow foil bracelet fifteen years ago.

- Chris

I refer you to May belt's email and suggest you read it minya.......... take a step up the ladder and open your mind (understand what this is all about)

Apr 19, 2004 at 9:51 PM Post #231 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by marios_mar
will someone tell me what DBT is?

It's PWB Rainbow foil in latin
biggrin.gif
(On a serious note I'm sure Hirsch will answer your question in due course)

Pinkie.

Apr 19, 2004 at 9:52 PM Post #232 of 466
Quote:

- Chris

Chris, just try to imagine how fantastic things would have been today if you had worn not only one one, but TWO of those bracelets - one for each wrist!!!

Something to regret for the rest of your life!
wink.gif

I did not posess such a bracelet... poor me.
frown.gif

wink.gif

Apr 19, 2004 at 9:56 PM Post #234 of 466
Double Blind Test. For determining which cable sounds better, the subject wouldn't know which cable is being used and administrator does not know which cables should sound better. I'm no scientist, so there are certainly better explanations available, but that one seems right to me (as it would pertain to a cable test, that is.)

Apr 19, 2004 at 10:02 PM Post #235 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by radrd
Double Blind Test. For determining which cable sounds better, the subject wouldn't know which cable is being used and administrator does not know which cables should sound better. I'm no scientist, so there are certainly better explanations available, but that one seems right to me (as it would pertain to a cable test, that is.)

That sounds about right, It tells you more about DBT at http://skepdic.com/control.html

Apr 19, 2004 at 10:05 PM Post #236 of 466
To the best of my ability, I was answering Marios's question. Next I was going to try to get him some links if my explanation was not sufficient.

As to the point of this thread, would you please explain it to me? I'm serious. What's the point?
confused.gif

Apr 19, 2004 at 10:16 PM Post #237 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn
Chris, just try to imagine how fantastic things would have been today if you had worn not only one one, but TWO of those bracelets - one for each wrist!!!

Something to regret for the rest of your life!
wink.gif

I did not posess such a bracelet... poor me.
frown.gif

wink.gif

Edit:
plainface.gif

Apr 19, 2004 at 10:25 PM Post #238 of 466
He was probably talking about Rodbac, or perhaps me. Obviously you aren't mocking anyone, you actually believe this stuff works...

Now, he may have believed that you would have to be crazy to believe this stuff works, and therefore this thread is a huge game you are playing to show just how dumb some audiophiles can be. If that's the case, then I applaud you, as this thread is a shining example that I'm sure I will link to again at some point in the future when I need to prove just how sheeplike audiophiles can become.

Now, would you mind telling me, seriously, what the point is with this thread?

Apr 19, 2004 at 10:31 PM Post #240 of 466
Quote:

Remember those bracelets you had as kids, made of plastic that would stay straight until you snapped them against your wrist (so they'd curl around your wrist)?

I was more into squirtguns and cap guns than bracelets, meself...
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Turn the lights down and have a few beers or whatever your "tipple" is and prepare yourself for some seriously good music.......... you're not getting the point of this thread at all..........

Errm, hopefully not emotion at the expense of reason... the two can coexist just fine, they aren't at war with each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back