Raidho XT-1 - New Version of the Award Winning X-1
Sep 24, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #121 of 132
Buying an AC to compensate for your amps! Spoken like a true audiophile (which can mean, to use Las Vegas lingo, chasing your losses). I'm glad you found the right path.

Of course now I want Aavik. That's not especially realistic financially for me, and as you say it would signal a commitment to the Raidho/Borresen lines. It would also mean selling my preamp and DAC, so a complete overhaul. Still, why not a question. The U-300 would be a leap for me $$$. The U-150, used, is not impossible to imagine. Would that unit fully drive the XT-1s? And would there be headroom to go "up the line" at all? My current amp feels underpowered and I don't want to replace it with a musically superior but still underpowered amp. (I've had a few speakers that need some amplifier push behind them, including Maggies, but these Raidhos feel hungry to me!)

Sep 24, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #122 of 132
Wraith has some great advice here. I have XT-1's and X-1's in two separate systems. I am using hybrid tube/solid state amp design in both setups and I am exceptionally happy with each system. The amps are Blue Circle Audio, with a quad of 6922's tubes on the input stage and solid state output stage. Blue Circle owner is semi-retired but the amps can still be serviced. I've owned a lot of Blue Circle gear over the years and never really looked back after lots of comparing to other amps. I think Lamm is also very good. This stuff is all so personal.

I haven't heard it, but trust Wraith's reports here and Aavik would seem to be a great fit but yes, it can be pricey. Another option for Class D at a lower price, although I've never heard it would be Boenicke, just based upon reputation (read 6Moons review to see if this amp provides the sound qualities you are seeking... you mentioned Pass so I then thought of the 6Moons sonic report).

https://boenicke-audio.ch/products/electronics/p1/

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/boenicke9/

https://boenicke-audio.ch/recordings/

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #123 of 132
Yes, I traded in my ARC Ref6, XA60.8’s and all of my top-shelf Straight Wire Crescendo 3 cabling for the U-300 and mid-shelf Ansuz cables. Next Level HiFi arranged and paid for all the shipping, completely seamless transaction if you’re looking to go that route. The U-150 would be fantastic for the XT’s, however, if you moved up the line to full range speakers you may find it’s limits.

Speaking of, are you guys using subs? I used 2 REL S/510 with fantastic results with the XT’s.

Attachments

• 0C9858E5-EB8B-4F23-9662-46E93C94AE57.jpeg
    0C9858E5-EB8B-4F23-9662-46E93C94AE57.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Sep 25, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #125 of 132
At the moment I'm running only one, a JL e-110 via a JL CR-1. My initial room was so small that I wanted to start with one rather than go beyond thunderdome from the first. I'm now in a somewhat larger room and may add a second. (I do recognize the advantage of two ... or the swarm!)

Oct 5, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #127 of 132
Thanks, Wraith. I stay current on Audiogon and actually noticed that myself, and $1000 off the retail. I'm leaning toward buying new from a place that has a return policy. I'm trying my best not to buy used, non-returnable equipment that I haven't heard! My concern is that I really don't know if a new amp, like the Dragon, can audibly out-perform my current amp. But I genuinely appreciate your look-out! Very kind of you.

Apr 21, 2024 at 5:23 AM Post #128 of 132
A question about the footers to the XT-1:

I believe the footers use a 6mm bolt size. Is that correct (my speakers have not yet arrived)?

I believe a 6mm bolt is the same thing as an M6 bolt.

I am going to purchase IsoAcoustic Gaia III footers, and the kit comes with several different bolt sizes, including M6 bolts.

I have somewhat uneven floors in my 2-channel audio room (which is in an upstairs loft area) and I used a lazer leveler and adjustable feet to get my current speakers precisely aimed. Otherwise, within a distance of about 10 feet, one speaker aims about 3 inches higher than the other (measured using the lazer lever).

The Gaia is adjustable to deal with my uneven floors, plus you get acoustic isolation, all for a great price.
I have gaia feet and the supplied threads won't fit the matching stands ,I am contacting gaia to provide smaller threads

Apr 22, 2024 at 10:17 AM Post #129 of 132
Yes, IsoAcoustics will get you some. They did for me. I no longer have these speakers, but the Gaia were "game changers" for me. It's shocking just how much improvement some footers can make!

Apr 22, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #131 of 132
That sounds right. Also the screw length is important/critical. I haven't been in this thread for ages, but I seem to recall posting the screw specs here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back