rage against the machine was cutting edege hi-fi!
Feb 15, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #18 of 31
Oh yeah, what a sound. I always loved this album from the start, even when I had virtually no idea about what is good and what is... well, you get what I'm saying, right? To me it's no big surprise that it sounds so good when I check out the (production) personnel.

I always compared this album (soundwise) with 'Thirteenth Step' by A Perfect Circle, and I just noticed that both albums were mixed by the same person (Andy Wallace). Once I read that Thirteenth Step was produced using Pro Tools HD with a sampling rate of 96 khz. Does anyone know something like this about the debut album from Rage Against the Machine? Considering the release date it might even be (at least) recorded using analog gear, so in my opinion this would be a good comparision between both the camps. But well, if that's really true, I reckon that at the mixing stage they digitalized the material. Whatever, I can just assume. Does anyone know facts? This would be awesome ...

Feb 16, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #19 of 31
Does anyone know if the 2001 "reissue" that's available on Amazon is the same source material as the original 1992 release?

Feb 16, 2010 at 8:19 AM Post #21 of 31
One of my favorite bands and albums ever, I wish all albums sounded as good or better.

Feb 16, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #22 of 31
the amazing thing about it really is that this is the last genre that you would expect to find high sound quality in. i could understand i high quality classical or jazz recording but this is truely awesome! you can totally enjoy cranking the sh!@T out of this!

music_man

Feb 16, 2010 at 9:57 AM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the amazing thing about it really is that this is the last genre that you would expect to find high sound quality in. i could understand i high quality classical or jazz recording but this is truely awesome! you can totally enjoy cranking the sh!@T out of this!

music_man

Agreed, but I realized this phenomenon 15 years ago while using my speaker rig and listening to the downset. untitled album. It showed me how better is to connect the CD player directly to the power amp section of my integrated amplifier. Go for this album and tell me what you think.
wink.gif

Apr 1, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #27 of 31
Oh yeah, what a sound. I always loved this album from the start, even when I had virtually no idea about what is good and what is... well, you get what I'm saying, right? To me it's no big surprise that it sounds so good when I check out the (production) personnel.

I always compared this album (soundwise) with 'Thirteenth Step' by A Perfect Circle, and I just noticed that both albums were mixed by the same person (Andy Wallace). Once I read that Thirteenth Step was produced using Pro Tools HD with a sampling rate of 96 khz. Does anyone know something like this about the debut album from Rage Against the Machine? Considering the release date it might even be (at least) recorded using analog gear, so in my opinion this would be a good comparision between both the camps. But well, if that's really true, I reckon that at the mixing stage they digitalized the material. Whatever, I can just assume. Does anyone know facts? This would be awesome ...

Analog, indeed. Recorded mostly at Sound City.

Apr 1, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #28 of 31
Haha I was just thinking about listening to some Rage plus I should be receiving the PM-1's soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back