Raffle To Raise Funds for Relief In Haiti
Jan 17, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #46 of 75
Great idea guys.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 18, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #49 of 75
$4090! That is unbelievable!

More so as it is money in hand not just promised.

Jan 18, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #52 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianDonegan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As a bonus, the company I work for (day job - Citrix Systems) will match my donation up to $5000.

Well, I just found out that it's only $1000 per employee, my mistake. But hey, it's still $1000!

Jan 18, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #55 of 75
I would love to donate, but the only readily available method I have is a non-credit card PayPal account which will take at least 7 days to deposit the payment to the recipient. I will be donating $50. If you'll trust that the payment will go through (I guarantee that it will, given it's time) and still consider me for the raffle I will double my donation to $100. I don't really want a pre-amp, but I could use it, and I could use the USB devices or headphone amp for sure. I can't pass up spending at least $100 on audio gear a month, this seems like the perfect way to indulge myself as well as putting up money for a great cause (even if the donation is more than the price of the equipment).
smile.gif

Jan 18, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #56 of 75
I couldn't resist: nudged it over 5k
k701smile.gif

And x2 on saying 'thank you' to Citrix Systems

Jan 19, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #57 of 75
Brian,

Thanks for the great work, and the great choice of charity. If you want to try to get that amount over $1000 doubled, you'd need other Head-Fi'ers to contact the Human Resources department of their company and see how much they will match. Then get all the forms filled out, write the check to Doctors without Borders and send it to the folks who can double it.

You don't have to rush this money for DwoB because they are using past funds right now to fund their Haiti effort. This new money will refill their coffers and let them do long-term work in Haiti and all over the world.

Jan 19, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #58 of 75
Quote:

Well, I just found out that it's only $1000 per employee, my mistake. But hey, it's still $1000!

That is unfortunate. Do you think if you talked with somebody in HR, Citrix Systems would reconsider increasing their support for such a worthwhile cause?

Jan 19, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #59 of 75
Quote:

we need four more raffles started by four coworkers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back