Rafe's Inner Fidelity
Jun 10, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #197 of 323
Don't worry the site is dead....

Traffic rank has dropped from 60-70K to 113K.

I can't imagine that management is happy about this, but am perplexed as to why they let Rafe kill the site. It had a well known formula, and changing that formula all of a sudden certainly wasn't going to retain eyeballs.

upload_2019-6-10_10-57-33.png

I'd add that the drop in rank is probably worse than it looks when it comes to the number of eyeballs reaching the site. There isn't a linear relationship between rank and eyeballs.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #200 of 323
on the occasion that i visit the site, it seems like it is merely industry-written press releases of new products. am i missing something? has it become a conduit for companies plugging their products? gone are the days of original reporting on unique topics. i loved katz's corner... now there was something that you couldn't find anywhere else.

Aug 21, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #201 of 323
I'm really actually shocked how badly they've wrecked the site. Rafe seems to have zero idea about Head-Fi. A couple of the other writers, one well-known here, post reviews sometimes. The total abandonment of measurements is pretty much the nail in the coffin.

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #202 of 323
on the occasion that i visit the site, it seems like it is merely industry-written press releases of new products. am i missing something? has it become a conduit for companies plugging their products?
Yes, InnerFidelity is now merely press releases and ads thinly disguised as “reviews.” It is as if AVTech Media Americas asked InnerFidelity’s readers not what they want, but what they do not want.

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #203 of 323
I'm really actually shocked how badly they've wrecked the site. Rafe seems to have zero idea about Head-Fi. A couple of the other writers, one well-known here, post reviews sometimes. The total abandonment of measurements is pretty much the nail in the coffin.
Is it still considered an affiliate of Stereophile? If it is, they've dropped the ball and The Absolute Sound has picked it up and run into the end zone. They are doing regular headphone features and reviews.

Aug 22, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #204 of 323
Is it still considered an affiliate of Stereophile? If it is, they've dropped the ball and The Absolute Sound has picked it up and run into the end zone. They are doing regular headphone features and reviews.
Agreed. I can't figure it out. To me these guys are the best at everything and this is not.

Aug 23, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #205 of 323
Agreed. I can't figure it out. To me these guys are the best at everything and this is not.
When you say and this is not, what does this refer to? Sorry, wasn't clear to me what you meant.

Aug 23, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #206 of 323
When you say and this is not, what does this refer to? Sorry, wasn't clear to me what you meant.
I presume he means: Stereophile is "the best at everything" and (the affiliated) InnerFidelity ("this") is an exception to that rule (i.e., "is not").

Aug 23, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #207 of 323
A quick look at InnerFatuity's comments-score since Tyll left and it's clear the internet has lost interest in the website.
The only article that peaked a 'high-score' was regarding a giveaway that abused the comments function as a entry system.

upload_2019-8-23_8-37-25.png

Aug 23, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #208 of 323
I presume he means: Stereophile is "the best at everything" and (the affiliated) InnerFidelity ("this") is an exception to that rule (i.e., "is not").
Makes sense, I'm going with your explanation.

Aug 23, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #209 of 323
Yes. That is what I mean

Aug 25, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #210 of 323

They are owned by the same company. I guess they saw the viewer stats plunge after Tyll left and haven't gone ahead with their plans to continue measurements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back