Rafe's Inner Fidelity
Apr 17, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #153 of 323
S1RPvM2.jpg

Apr 19, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #154 of 323
Hmm.. HD820 review with no comparisons with competing headphones and totally ignores everyone's issues with the sound. The site is dead.

That is because he is too weak to get any push backs from manufacturers.

On the other hand, he is too strong not to combat with commentators/readers. Every comment he doesn't like seems to get deleted.

It's just dead. RIP.

Apr 19, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #155 of 323
Is it still considered a Stereophile sister site? If so, why not hand over the reins to Herb?

Apr 27, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #157 of 323
Also deleted comments that were there.

Last year, we had, about the Quad ERA-1: "Full review to be posted soon" and "Product of the year". I'm still waiting for that full review. There's other companies that have done one.

With the decline in bricks and mortar stores, it's getting harder to audition headphones in person, so I think more people are looking for a "compare and contrast" with similarly priced phones from HiFiMan and Audeze.

Apr 27, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #159 of 323
Yeah, it seems like a total waste of all the work done under Tyll. Getting rid of Tyll's measurement rig, without having the new one set up and running, was a mistake. I have a fever and the only prescription is more Square Wave Response Measurements !!!

Apr 27, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #160 of 323
Yeah, it seems like a total waste of all the work done under Tyll. Getting rid of Tyll's measurement rig, without having the new one set up and running, was a mistake. I have a fever and the only prescription is more Square Wave Response Measurements !!!

I had studied those graphs carefully before having made a headphone purchase. They had meant a lot to me. I *DID* notice that the company's customary data sheets were no longer being produced. I would suggest collecting as many of the Tyll ones as you can, lest one day they end up being removed from the site abruptly, never to be seen again.

Apr 28, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #161 of 323
We are witnessing the rise and fall of a great site due to the negligence of the site's owners in not procuring the right successor to Tyll.........:triportsad::triportsad::triportsad::triportsad::triportsad::triportsad::triportsad::triportsad::triportsad:

Apr 28, 2019 at 5:26 AM Post #162 of 323
After acquiring Tyll's rig, Dekoni doesn't seem to be putting it to good use either. (Unless there's another thread I'm not aware of?)
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dekoni-audio-and-better-measurements.887247/

Apr 28, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #164 of 323
Whaaat? Dekoni has it!?! Guess IF owners didn't wanna buy the rig off Tyll, so he had to sell it to Dekoni. But at the current level IF certainly does not need any measurement rig, they wouldn't know what to do with it! You don't need measurements to do lifestyle, influencer, mumbo jumbo. The sad part is that they aren't doing even that properly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back