Radsone EarStudio ES100
Oct 12, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #3,061 of 6,675
How come the audio has to be playing in able to listen to Ambient Only? I listen to audiobooks and when someone come and speaks to me it would make more sense to pause the audio when ambient mode is set to "Ambient Only". The way it works now is that when I pause the audio Ambient Sound no longer works and I have to remove my Etymotic deep insert in-ears and break the seal.

On another note... I wanted to clip my ES100 vertically to my shirt so I 3D-printed this clip that's also a more snug fit and won't come off accidently as the original clip does.

es100-clip.jpg

Oct 12, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #3,062 of 6,675
Wow, that's handy!!

On another note... I wanted to clip my ES100 vertically to my shirt so I 3D-printed this clip that's also a more snug fit and won't come off accidently as the original clip does.

es100-clip.jpg

Oct 12, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #3,063 of 6,675
How come the audio has to be playing in able to listen to Ambient Only? I listen to audiobooks and when someone come and speaks to me it would make more sense to pause the audio when ambient mode is set to "Ambient Only". The way it works now is that when I pause the audio Ambient Sound no longer works and I have to remove my Etymotic deep insert in-ears and break the seal.

es100-clip.jpg
Could you print one for me, give me you price

Oct 12, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #3,066 of 6,675
Oct 12, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #3,067 of 6,675

es100-clip.jpg

Wow, nice work! Very cool - 3D printer technology is here to stay :)

My ES100 clip broke off, so you should whip something up for me lol. Probably wouldn't be possible. I have the Shanling M0 clip on the way and I should be able to rig something up with it.

Oct 12, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #3,068 of 6,675
Oct 12, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #3,069 of 6,675
Oct 12, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #3,070 of 6,675
Thanks! That looks like a potentially great solution as well that I'll keep in mind.
It's a high quality clip. The 3M never failed me either. If the current clip ever breaks then I'll replace it with that.

Oct 15, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #3,071 of 6,675
Howdy,

If you are using a pair of Sennheiser open backs under $400 with the ES100 and love the sound, can you please reply with the model?

Or, if you love the sound of another brand of open backs under $400 with the device, I'd love to hear from you too.

I don't have the option of using the headphone jack on my mobile phone right now (broken) and exclusively use the ES100.

Thanks!

Oct 15, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #3,072 of 6,675
Howdy,

If you are using a pair of Sennheiser open backs under $400 with the ES100 and love the sound, can you please reply with the model?

Or, if you love the sound of another brand of open backs under $400 with the device, I'd love to hear from you too.

I don't have the option of using the headphone jack on my mobile phone right now (broken) and exclusively use the ES100.

Thanks!

Massdrop HD 6XX (Sennheiser HD 650), balanced cable (FiiO F9 cable, added 2-pin adapters). Feels like winning on the wee ES100.

~$200, and probably an extra $30 for the cable combo, if I had to buy it now. Listening to Mahler in the courtyard on the aforementioned rig when I saw your message.

Current drop going down in 15 hrs: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx

Just get them. It’ll be a while until the next drop. If you don’t like them, there is enough time between drops that you can unload them on eBay for what you paid.

[edit]: Or, do what I did, and get a like-new pair on eBay. Same resale value, but you’ll get them in just a few days. The clamping force improves (lessens) with use.
[edit]: This one is popular enough that it now drops every day. Resale may be affected.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #3,073 of 6,675
Howdy,

Thanks!

1. Onkyo A800
2. HD58X
3. Philips Fidelio X2

I'd rank their performance with the ES100 that way as well. HD650 and HE560 does also work OK but sounds a lot better in many other systems imo.

Oct 16, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #3,074 of 6,675

Users who are viewing this thread

Back