Radsone EarStudio ES100
Mar 1, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #271 of 6,675
Funny enough, I've been using this as my desktop DAC/Amp with my LCD-2C plugged in via the 2.5mm balanced jack. I liked it enough to sell my Schiit stack. I'm wondering if keeping it plugged in via USB long term is safe -- Thoughts, Radsone?

Mar 1, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #272 of 6,675
Funny enough, I've been using this as my desktop DAC/Amp with my LCD-2C plugged in via the 2.5mm balanced jack. I liked it enough to sell my Schiit stack. I'm wondering if keeping it plugged in via USB long term is safe -- Thoughts, Radsone?
Safe in what sense, if I may ask? Battery life?

Mar 1, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #273 of 6,675
Yeah, in regards to battery. Sorry I wasn't specific before! I still use it mobile a lot, so I want to make sure I'm not killing this thing.

Mar 1, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #274 of 6,675
Funny enough, I've been using this as my desktop DAC/Amp with my LCD-2C plugged in via the 2.5mm balanced jack. I liked it enough to sell my Schiit stack.

Really? Wow. Is that just the ES100 alone? Or do you have any additional amp in the equation?

Mar 1, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #275 of 6,675
Really? Wow. Is that just the ES100 alone? Or do you have any additional amp in the equation?

Just the ES100 alone. I was shocked by how well this setup works (at least via the balanced port) -- and frees up quite a bit of desk space. This and the new Periodic Nickel amp have me intrigued by the new micro designs. Giant amps are close to becoming a thing of the past.

Mar 1, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #277 of 6,675
Just the ES100 alone. I was shocked by how well this setup works (at least via the balanced port) -- and frees up quite a bit of desk space. This and the new Periodic Nickel amp have me intrigued by the new micro designs. Giant amps are close to becoming a thing of the past.

I'll have to compare with my schiit stack too. i dont think i can ever go away from a desktop amp though. i need knobs.

Mar 1, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #278 of 6,675
I'll have to compare with my schiit stack too. i dont think i can ever go away from a desktop amp though. i need knobs.

Second that!

Mar 1, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #279 of 6,675
Ha! I totally get that.

I usually keep the volume at the same level since most of my collection has replay gain tags, and I'm only ever using my 1 set of over ears.

Mar 2, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #282 of 6,675
Mar 2, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #283 of 6,675

@meringo:

That's precisely what we expect you have ES100 connected PC through USB and Mobile through Bluetooth.
You don't need to worry about anything including battery life since ES100 operates with USB power, not by the battery when connected to PC or charger.
The USB power source provides both ES100 operation and the battery charging at the same time.
In other words, having ES100 as a USB DAC in long-term is same as keeping it connected to a USB charger regarding the battery life.
I'm not saying the ES100 battery will last forever because every battery has the life-cycle.
But, using ES100 as a USB DAC won't kill the battery than the charging.

Thanks and Regards,
WS

Mar 2, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #284 of 6,675
@meringo:

That's precisely what we expect you have ES100 connected PC through USB and Mobile through Bluetooth.
You don't need to worry about anything including battery life since ES100 operates with USB power, not by the battery when connected to PC or charger.
The USB power source provides both ES100 operation and the battery charging at the same time.
In other words, having ES100 as a USB DAC in long-term is same as keeping it connected to a USB charger regarding the battery life.
I'm not saying the ES100 battery will last forever because every battery has the life-cycle.
But, using ES100 as a USB DAC won't kill the battery than the charging.

Thanks and Regards,
WS

Amazing! What a great multi-purpose device. Cheers to you and the Radsone team -- I look forward to future products.

Mar 2, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #285 of 6,675
Editing to say disregard my last question because I couldn't resist and already ordered the ES100 from amazon. From reviews and posts in this thread it looks like it will replace my Sony sbh50 nicely. I'll be using it with my lg g6 to take advantage of the aptx HD pairing with my 16 ohm ibasso IT01s while I'm at work. I've been satisfied with the sound from the sbh50 but I'm expecting it to be much better with the dual DACs and many options in the ES100.
wslee I have to say that the support and detailed answers you have given in this thread are a big reason I bought the ES100 over other offerings. Thanks, I can't wait for it to get here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back