RadioShack Surge Supressor # 61-107 $15!!
Nov 23, 2008 at 2:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Drag0n

Headphoneus Supremus
RadioShack Clearance sale on # 61-107

Looks like a Monster copy. Was $89.99, now $15.99.

I got two. Looks like a nice deal for the price.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 23, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #2 of 10
What, are you like the Radio Shack super-deal guy.
biggrin.gif

...and NO! I'm not buying 15 of these! lol

Thanks, I'll be checking this out.

(edit) I couldn't find it at the RS site. Got any info?

Nov 23, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #3 of 10
cool but we dont have rat shack here. we have equivalents though. I always buy the dick smith ones because you con buy ones that have insurance for any gear connected to them. so with mine I can have up to $50000 worth of stuff connected to it and if it fails they pay for the damages. castys about $60AUD which is well worth it to me. mine also has an ethernet port I/O on it for networking; so I can isolate my whole home rig with it
cool.gif

Nov 23, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #5 of 10
And you don't want to really depend on that warranty. A good surge protector will sacrifice itself before letting enough juice go through to potentially damage the attached equipment.

But with any proper surge protection plan, it first begins with putting a whole house surge protector at the main service panel. Then you supplement the whole house surge protector with point of service surge protectors (ie your surge strips.)

Nov 23, 2008 at 1:53 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What, are you like the Radio Shack super-deal guy.
biggrin.gif

...and NO! I'm not buying 15 of these! lol

Thanks, I'll be checking this out.

(edit) I couldn't find it at the RS site. Got any info?

Im the everywhere deal guy...lol.
I find deals everywhere....lol!!!

I found it in my local RadioShack, and i couldnt find it online also, but it is in their own computers, so if you go to a RadioShack, youll get the same deal.

Nice big unit with many multi-colored outlets.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, and i found 4 more KSC75's @ $5.47 each, so i nabbed them! ...lol
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found it in my local RadioShack, and i couldnt find it online also, but it is in their own computers, so if you go to a RadioShack, youll get the same deal.

Nice big unit with many multi-colored outlets.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, and i found 4 more KSC75's @ $5.47 each, so i nabbed them!

I finally found a #61-107....all the way out in Reno, Nevada!! It was "yellow tagged" for $51.97, so I asked for a price check. Ding, ding, ding....$15.99 + Reno sales tax.
biggrin.gif

The Reno Radio Shack also had a couple of Koss KSC-75s for $5.47/each, but I passed on them.

Nov 30, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally found a #61-107....all the way out in Reno, Nevada!! It was "yellow tagged" for $51.97, so I asked for a price check. Ding, ding, ding....$15.99 + Reno sales tax.
biggrin.gif

The Reno Radio Shack also had a couple of Koss KSC-75s for $5.47/each, but I passed on them.

You passed on the ksc75's???!!!
eek.gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 8:11 AM Post #9 of 10
Great timing, I'm going back to my college tomorrow, and a nice long walk to RadioShack would be relaxing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 10:40 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You passed on the ksc75's???!!!

I already have a pair purchased from Circuit City, which was the version without the inline volume control. I suppose I couldve purchased them and re-sell them for a profit
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back