RadioShack Canada closing its stores!
Dec 28, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think all the Radioshacks in winnipeg turned into "THESOURCE"s.

No That was some time ago. First Circuit City bought Radioshack Canada then change the name to The source(Since Radioshack US went to court against CC for its trade name) . Then Radioshack US made a come back with 9 store in canada own by Radioshack US.

Then those 9 store closed. Those store has nothing to do with the Source

Dec 28, 2006 at 11:25 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think all the Radioshacks in winnipeg turned into "THESOURCE"s.

Those were the old franchise stores. The real RadioShack recently tried to make a comeback, and set up some corporate stores in Canada. Those are the ones that are closing now.

EDIT: DanT beat me to it.

Dec 29, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #19 of 24
Radio Shack Canada was owned by Intertan, a company that was no longer affiliated with Radio Shack USA.

Couple years back Circuit City bought up Intertan, creating a humorous situation where CC actually owned the naming rights to Radio Shack Canada. Of course, RS US was quite unhappy about this and got the use of the RSC name removed from all stores as long as it was owned by CC

Hence the name change. Of course, regular consumers are ignorant, and having Radio Shack outlet just make them think they haven't updated the signs yet.

Dec 29, 2006 at 2:24 AM Post #20 of 24
sucks that radio shack is closing down

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #21 of 24
I just went to the Radio Shack @ Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga and picked up some stuff on sale as well as a pair of KSC75s.

Everything there is on sale. For people looking for a pair of KSC75 there's about 10 left @ 12.50$ CAD. These headphones dont have the potentiometer!

All the resistors, caps, motors, etc are going at like 60 cents a pack or cheaper if you buy more.

There's also a bunch of ETON shortwave radios at 60 and 70$ or so down from more than half price.

There's no tax on anything bought from the store, so a 12.50$ KSC75 is 12.50$ at the till. The guy said they close for good on the 28th of this month. It's worth the look.

Jan 10, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #22 of 24
Why with ten KSC75's, you could convert ten people to head-fi!
tongue.gif

Jan 10, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #23 of 24
Never was a really big radio shack fan but that is where I went to get small stuff like rocker switches and my cheap-o soldering iron. You can probably find some really good deals on switches/transistors/resistors and other stuff though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back