RadioShack Canada closing its stores!
Dec 28, 2006 at 5:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Trippytiger

1000+ Head-Fier
Haven't seen anything about this on the boards (if this is a repost, I apologize), so I figure I should let my fellow Canadian Head-fiers know. RadioShack is closing all nine of its Canadian stores, and pretty much everything is at least 30% off - including headphones. That means KSC-75s are going for $14 CAD!
icon10.gif
Tools and parts are also 60% off, for you DIYers.

Details of the closing sale can be found at http://www.radioshack.ca, and a list of locations is available here.

Dec 28, 2006 at 5:36 AM Post #2 of 24
Wow.

I think I'm most amazed by the fact that there were only 9 Rat Shacks in all of Canada.

Should be able to get some decent deals. That is, if you can find anything worth buying.

Dec 28, 2006 at 5:54 AM Post #4 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace o' Spades /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^He just said, KSC75s.

Exactly! I've already got a pair, but I'm going to get one set for my boyfriend and then another one (or two!) so I can do some modding without worrying about ruining them.
biggrin.gif

Dec 28, 2006 at 6:02 AM Post #5 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I'm most amazed by the fact that there were only 9 Rat Shacks in all of Canada.

That's because all of them were changed to "The Source" a couple years ago, these were new ones they were opening back up.

Dec 28, 2006 at 6:13 AM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's because all of them were changed to "The Source" a couple years ago, these were new ones they were opening back up.

Correct! It was Circuit City that purchased all Radio Shack franchises in Canada.

A court ruling forced Circuit City to change the Radio Shack franchise names...thus 'The Source', with hundreds of stores across Canada. (Quite a blow for Circuit City who paid quite a premium for the Radio Shack brand)

The Source is identical to Rat Shacks all over the world.

Dec 28, 2006 at 6:16 AM Post #7 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow.

Should be able to get some decent deals. That is, if you can find anything worth buying.

There used to be MANY more... but they all turned into "The Source By Circuit City" a few years back. I'm not surprised that they are closing the official stores.

Dec 28, 2006 at 6:19 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by gmckay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Source is identical to Rat Shacks all over the world.

No, it really isn't. Proper Rat Shacks carry a wider range of products than any Source I've been in, and there's no Nexxtech and Centrios junk - it's RadioShack branded junk instead! The Source also doesn't have the same selection of DIY parts and tools, and of course, they're missing the most important Rat Shack product of all: the KSC-75s.
tongue.gif

Dec 28, 2006 at 7:06 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trippytiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, it really isn't. Proper Rat Shacks carry a wider range of products than any Source I've been in, and there's no Nexxtech and Centrios junk - it's RadioShack branded junk instead! The Source also doesn't have the same selection of DIY parts and tools, and of course, they're missing the most important Rat Shack product of all: the KSC-75s.
tongue.gif

Now now, I bought a perfectly serviceable albeit clunky Nexxtech right-angle headphone connector at the Source. Sure I really want a gold-plated one but good luck finding the item anywhere else in Toronto. (At least I haven't yet and there isn't anything that looks better on the web.) At $6 bucks it was good value junk!

Dec 28, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #12 of 24
I think all the Radioshacks in winnipeg turned into "THESOURCE"s.

Dec 28, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now now, I bought a perfectly serviceable albeit clunky Nexxtech right-angle headphone connector at the Source. Sure I really want a gold-plated one but good luck finding the item anywhere else in Toronto. (At least I haven't yet and there isn't anything that looks better on the web.) At $6 bucks it was good value junk!

THis is your new best friend:http://www.activesurplus.com/
it on queen on the south side between spadina and john

Users who are viewing this thread

Back