Radiopaq Pop Review
May 22, 2009 at 11:42 AM Post #61 of 75
Fit is just fine. I use the silicon tips that came with the CrossRoad Quattro and they are just lovely sounding, and comfortable to boot, plus the bore is just the perfect size. I don't mind the stock tips, but grime and wax sticks to it liberally, which makes it all icky!! Yuck! John from Radiopaq told me that they have had similar feedbacks and are considering bundling alternative tips such as foamies.

May 22, 2009 at 11:47 AM Post #62 of 75
I wonder why they don't have filters in the them. This is the first time I've seen an IEM without filters...

May 22, 2009 at 12:02 PM Post #63 of 75
well as time passes i would recommend more and more they just bundle shure orange foamies with them. i cant say they are perfect but my ears are still buggered with the flu. however what it does mean is that all the old E2c sized tips from sure will fit them so that give us a few more options, yey for standardised sizes.

in fact ive just emailed them saying so

you might want to give them a try walkingman

May 22, 2009 at 12:04 PM Post #64 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by kloan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder why they don't have filters in the them. This is the first time I've seen an IEM without filters...

i asked and i got told this

They do not appear to have any filters, which is unusual. Is this deliberate?

Yes – this is intentional - all of our earphones do not have mesh filters as some other manufacturers earphones do, Instead we have a protective metal disc filter built into the 11 piece driver construction located at the inside end of the tube on which the journalist would expect to be seeing a filter – this is for acoustic performance reasons.

May 22, 2009 at 12:06 PM Post #65 of 75
e2c tips fit? Oh, I'll definitely try to find my old e2c today as I am sure I have some spare tips left in that weird carrying case.

@kloan, I believe the Quattros are also filter-less, or at least using the same type of filter that Radiopaq uses.

May 27, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #66 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
arent they just

how voluminous are you finding the bass? because that was one thing that didint seem or feel so huge untill i listened to something else after them. both the c751 an ie 8 sounded so bass light it was kinda frightening but the pops didint sound bass overwhelming at all.

wierd

yeah the cables not the best in the world but nothing too bad. i mean it never botherd me well apert from that it meant i really couldnt wear them over ear but that was it

Hi Mark,

Would you say that these are an ample step up from your old Denon C-751's? Just looking at a replacement for them at the moment and i'm trying to decide what to invest in. IE8's are out of my price range sadly, and i'm a bit of a bass head
L3000.gif

My sony x-series needs a new friend!

Adam

Jun 5, 2009 at 2:35 PM Post #67 of 75
amped no, unamped yeah id have to say probably yes. they are very different sounding i love the denons for thier coldness which nothing else really seems to have, the bass is very different the denons are all punch the pops have more depth and volume, its a much more rounded bass. the pops sound great unamped the denons sound so much smaller in comparison. they give a big full bodied bass.

full review should be following shortly in the next couple of days

Jun 6, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #69 of 75
Hey Mark-
I very much enjoyed your expanded review. They definitely sound like something I would really enjoy, considering I seem to be more of a dynamic driver earphone dude. I'm considering the Jazz set, and if I got them, it would be fun to compare them to my soon-to-arrive JVC FX500's.

Keep updating us with your impressions, especially with the CX95's.

Very nice write up.

Jun 6, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #70 of 75
Great review Mark. I really found them very very enjoyable too, and preferable to the CX95. Stupid missing slider thingybob made me cross though... the cable just bulged out all over the place
mad.gif

Funny, but I didn't have quite the same problems you had with the fussy fit. I found it much harder to get a good fit with the PFE. Anyway, great review. I'm really tempted to try the Jazz ones now
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #71 of 75
yeah i agree the no slider thingy is a silly omission as for fit well different ears and stuff but that was easily my biggest issue with them, meant stock tips just no use really for me

ditto on wanting to try the jazz, or maybe the classical just to hear something at the other end of the spectrum. see how they do more light and delicate stuff, headphone gods be willing.

Jul 10, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #73 of 75
Jul 10, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #74 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by robjrock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are a whole bunch of these on ebay for around £30... Fakes?

I was just about to pull the trigger on some Brainwavz Beta's ...

Trusted Reviews didn't like em too much : clicky

btw they very very different from the betas, if i had to guess the classical ones might be more beta like?

Jul 10, 2009 at 9:13 AM Post #75 of 75
Great Review! This is cool how the earphones are tuned to a certain genre. They should add a "FLAT" model. Instead of being tuned to a certain genre it's just gives a flat frequency response. This model would cost more than the others though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back