Radiopaq Jazz Review
Feb 25, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #122 of 133
My replacement headphones turned up today...

... they sent me the iPhone ones again!*@?

I do not recommend ordering from scienceandtechnology on ebay, I suspect that they do not actually have the "proper" jazz tuned headphone at all.

Edit:  DO NOT order from this seller unless you want the iphone version, they do not have any of the normal jazz headphones.

Feb 26, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #123 of 133
Those of you who have got the good old version of this (in that Apple-style plastic box) recently, did you buy from seller Allcam/eHome, or directly from Amazon?

Allcam has all versions at £9.98. Amazon has the Classic at £10.06 and the Jazz at £34.20, no idea if Amazon themselves had the Jazz down to £10.

Feb 26, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #124 of 133
I got mines (the good ones) from amazon.uk at £10.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Radiopaq-Custom-Tuned-Jazz-Earphones/dp/B0022NHHZY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330271322&sr=8-1

Mar 1, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #126 of 133
Quote:
Those of you who have got the good old version of this (in that Apple-style plastic box) recently, did you buy from seller Allcam/eHome, or directly from Amazon?

Allcam has all versions at £9.98. Amazon has the Classic at £10.06 and the Jazz at £34.20, no idea if Amazon themselves had the Jazz down to £10.

I got mine from Allcam/eHome bought through Amazon. They are the good old version!

Mar 3, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #127 of 133
After much to-ing and fro-ing scienceandtechnology finally admitted that they do not have any of the normal Jazz headphones left.  If you order from them you will get a set of the iphone ones (new style with braided cables), although their listing still shows the non-iphone version.

I got a refund and a set of the iphone model by way of an apology.

Just as I was ordering a set of the original version from Amazon I decided to give the ones I had a go.  I can't see anything wrong with the way they sound!

Having run an MP3 player through them for 12 hours or so I find them quite satisfactory.  I can make out everything that is going on in the music I have tried (including the hiss on some less than perfectly digitised Pink Floyd) without any apparent distortion or blurring of the various instruments.  They produce a similar volume level from portable MP3 players to the original earbuds.
They certainly look like alloy to me.  They are obviously made in two parts, but there is no step between the black body and the silver front part.
The cable had set into kinks from the way it had been packaged, but I have been able to straighten most of these out fairly easily.
I'm hoping that the slider and shirt clip I have fitted will help sort out the microphonics from the cable.

Most interestingly I discovered that the microphone and button on these iphone headphones work perfectly well on my Android phone (Motorola Atrix running Gingerbread).  I can use the button to bring up voice commands or to pause/play MP3s (Winamp), including when it is locked.  Very useful since commuting is the main thing I wanted headphones for.

Thanks for putting me onto these headphones guys, hopefully some of the above will help anyone else looking for a set.

Jan 28, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #128 of 133
I just got these a few days ago and got the new version, i have the old version to and they both sound the same to me...the bass sucked at the start butyou gotta burn them in and the bass greatly improves and the highs tame down a bit.

there 8£ on ebay at sec

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160841912936?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

EDIT swapped back to old ones these a clear difference in bass, iphones one suck quite a bit i wonder if its the fact the cable is same width and has to carry the mic and buitton wire.

Mar 20, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #132 of 133
Anyone want to chime in with thoughts on how these have aged over the years? Are they still a good option for some cheap fun? Or has the endless modern IEM shelf proven itself to be bigger, faster, stronger, healthier, and more productive?

I've been using mine for quite a few years and they still work fine, but they have been my only IEM's ever so I have nothing to compare them to... sorry can't help more than that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back