Radiopaq Jazz Review
Jan 9, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #106 of 133
In a way hope they are fakes as i would not like to think radiopaq has produced this rubbish when the original was sooo good.
There is certainly something not right here but its not the first time i have been sent fakes, i had some fake senn 300s from amazon last year and after reading on here about the mine field of fake senns thats what made me choose the original radoipaqs, now a year later i seem to be in the same boat with the radiopaqs

Thanks

paul

Jan 9, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #107 of 133
Hmm can you post some pics?

Jan 10, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #109 of 133
Have compared the 2 and they certainly dont have as much bass, but maybe they need breaking in, then the build quality is not as good as the originals, where the front alloy joins the black part there is a ridge/lip where they join but on original its all one piece and smooth.
Original quality seem like they are made out of one solid piece, these new ones seem to be bits stuck together but i dont know if this is how these are made for the iphone, i mean are these radiopaq jazz`s or a new model for the iphone???
If they are a new model why didnt they use the original ear buds or have they sacrificed quality for price to jump on the cheap phone headphones market???
My thoughts are that they are fake but will take it up with the seller, having read their feedback profile it seems that im not the only one that has had problems with headphones off their site.

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #110 of 133
I just received mine. Initial impressions are very promising. Looks very different compared to paul4400's pair. These don't have mic. I take these are the "old" model. Here are few (bad) photos.

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #111 of 133
Yes Urpoxi, yours are the good ones, even the box.

Enjoy.:wink:

Feb 13, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #113 of 133
Sorry to intrude, I'm a non-audiophile myself but I found this thread when I was looking for some "decent" (but cheap) headphones to use whilst commuting.  It is entirely your fault that I have ordered a set of these off eBay...!

I have just exchanged a couple of emails with Paul from Radiopaq Product Support.  He said (as has been mentioned in another thread) that he is unaware of any fake Radiopaq headphones being sold and sent me some pictures of the headphones and packaging.

The original packaging is the "crystal box" that urpoxi got, they moved to a more "eco-friendly" clamshell type pack in response to suggestions.  The printing on the headphones has changed and the cabling on the later ones has a braided sheath.  Paul told me that there were no changes to the construction of the headphones.

You can see for yourself at http://www.radiopaqproducts.com/custom_tuned.htm. (there is a zip file of high resolution images available to get a really good look)

Looking at these pictures and the ones that paul4400 took I can't see any differences at all, suggesting that his are the real thing.

Could the difference in sound be down to the mic & remote controls in the iphone version?

When my set turns up I should be able to give you a pretty informed idea of the construction, if not the audio quality.

Feb 13, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #114 of 133
I have just received mine from Amazon and they are exactly as those of urpoxi and mark. Old packaging, no woven cord. I'm now burning them in although I liked their sound from the beginning.

Feb 15, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #115 of 133

Mine just turned up from ebay;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120825446718?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_4112wt_1270

- except that they sent me the iphone ones by mistake!  (newer version, new packaging)  Is this what happened to paul4400?

They'll be going back unopened as I don't own any i-devices, the good news is that this seller (who deals in excess/bankrupt stock) apparently has plenty left.

Edit:  DO NOT order from this seller unless you want the iphone version, they do not have any of the normal jazz headphones.

Feb 18, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #116 of 133
Just received a pair from amazon, exactly the same as Urpoxi. Listened for about an hour, and apart from nice sounding bass they didn't impress me. Soundstage is even worse than my mobile phone earphones. Is it too early to judge it? Does it need serious burn-in?

Feb 18, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #117 of 133
Ordered mine from Amazon UK last week for just under a tenner, I haven't got the best ears but for £10 I'm not going to complain.
Wouldn't have liked to paid £50 -60 for them but so far I'm quite pleased with them other than a slight spitty(?) sound to S sounds.
Isolation is good enough for me and go loud enough from my IPhone4. Separation seems pretty good , not so sure about the soundstage but more experienced ears will judge that more accurately.
Packaging was good, a bit too good as I had a job getting them out the box but overall fine, might order another set for my boys to go with their phones as well.

Feb 21, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #118 of 133

Quote:
Ordered mine from Amazon UK last week for just under a tenner, I haven't got the best ears but for £10 I'm not going to complain.
Wouldn't have liked to paid £50 -60 for them but so far I'm quite pleased with them other than a slight spitty(?) sound to S sounds.
Isolation is good enough for me and go loud enough from my IPhone4. Separation seems pretty good , not so sure about the soundstage but more experienced ears will judge that more accurately.
Packaging was good, a bit too good as I had a job getting them out the box but overall fine, might order another set for my boys to go with their phones as well.

Which packaging did you receive? Please let us know if the spitty sound softens up after you get some hours on them. Cheers!

Feb 21, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #119 of 133
It was the plastic box that opens in 2 halves, that wasn't too bad but i had a little difficulty getting the actual earphones out of the moulding that held them in place, could have just been me though lol
I've been listening to speech (plays ) with them lately and they seem ok now (regarding the spitting).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back