Radiohead!
Aug 14, 2004 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Twisteve

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone else like this band? I feel them really relaxing / easy to listen to. If you havent heard them I suggest you check them out
580smile.gif

Aug 14, 2004 at 7:04 PM Post #2 of 31
One of the greatest bands of our time. Kid A is a masterpiece. I'll admit that it took me a little while to admit to myself how good they were, because Radiohead ultra fans always kind of annoyed me, but the music is really good.

Aug 14, 2004 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by rextrade
One of the greatest bands of our time. Kid A is a masterpiece. I'll admit that it took me a little while to admit to myself how good they were, because Radiohead ultra fans always kind of annoyed me, but the music is really good.

Radiohead Ultra! would look great on a shirt
tongue.gif

but yeah, I like them a lot, all of their stuff. I've recently been listening to more inde rock, but I nonetheless am convinced they are one of the few bands that completely deserves what fame they have.

Aug 14, 2004 at 7:38 PM Post #4 of 31
I've been a fan for a few years now after a friend told me about them. One of the few great bands left.

Aug 14, 2004 at 9:31 PM Post #6 of 31
Pretty overrated, possibly a bit too big of a fanbase, but they have a lot of good music.

Then agian you could say the same about tool and I love them

Aug 14, 2004 at 9:38 PM Post #7 of 31
I hate this "anti-trend trend".. who cares if they are overrated, who cares who does and doesnt like them! If you listen and like them, then continue listening to them!!

Aug 14, 2004 at 10:45 PM Post #8 of 31
Quote:

possibly a bit too big of a fanbase

What does that have to do with anything? How does the number of people who also like something affect how much you like something? Do you profess to hate chocolate ice cream just because too many other people love it?

Quote:

I hate this "anti-trend trend".. who cares if they are overrated, who cares who does and doesnt like them! If you listen and like them, then continue listening to them!!

I kind of agree. There's a certain mindset out there, that does two things:

1. Reject all mainstream music because I don't like the kind of people I see who are into it. I'm special, dammit!
biggrin.gif

2. Reject bands that lots of other people "in the know" like in order to show how much indie-er-than-thou they can be, how much hipper they can be. I'm *really* special, dammit!
rs1smile.gif

I'm NOT saying that's what happened here or directling that at anyone in particular, but I do see it a lot. I used to be *a little* like that too when I was in my teens, but you do grow out of it, trust your own tastes and stop caring what the other guy might think of *your* music. Cheers.

Mark

Aug 15, 2004 at 2:27 AM Post #12 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisteve
Anyone else like this band? I feel them really relaxing / easy to listen to. If you havent heard them I suggest you check them out
580smile.gif

preaching to the choir, buddy.

Aug 15, 2004 at 2:50 AM Post #13 of 31
Radiohead are special because when they got famous, they didn't spend the cash on drugs and women and cars, but instead decided to put the money and time into getting better equipment, pioneering new production techniques and improving their playing. They are an example of a band who has dealt with international superstardom in the best way possible; when the fans expecatations rise, they not only change their sound drastically but maintain or raise the high standards that got them those fans in the first place. They obviously intelligent and quite skilled, but when it comes to their careers and their lifestyles it seems that they are quite down to earth.

OK Computer and Kid A are probably a couple of my favorite albums of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back