Radiohead!
Aug 15, 2004 at 7:33 AM Post #16 of 31
i used to be huge into radiohead but lost interest after the disappointing hail to the thief. i still think the bends, ok computer and kid a are amazing albums. i just don't really listen to the stuff anymore.

Aug 15, 2004 at 4:05 PM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl
What does that have to do with anything? How does the number of people who also like something affect how much you like something? Do you profess to hate chocolate ice cream just because too many other people love it?

No no, I mean they have a very large ammount of extremely annoying devout fans, they deserve a lot of fans, they are a great band, but do 80% of them have to be annoying "Extreme Fans"?

Aug 15, 2004 at 10:23 PM Post #18 of 31
Two words - The Bends

YEAH!
3000smile.gif

Aug 16, 2004 at 12:38 AM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rizumu
i used to be huge into radiohead but lost interest after the disappointing hail to the thief. i still think the bends, ok computer and kid a are amazing albums. i just don't really listen to the stuff anymore.

There's still a couple good songs in Hail To The Thief. The odd thing about Radiohead's songs, well at least for me, is I remember them by sound, not name. *shrug*
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 16, 2004 at 1:31 AM Post #20 of 31
I'm quoting this from someone else, but I don't exactly remember who. I agree with it 100%.

Buy a Radiohead CD if you want to hear some freakishly ****ed up looking elf whine about getting raped for an hour.

Aug 16, 2004 at 8:22 AM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leto Atreides II

Buy a Radiohead CD if you want to hear some freakishly ****ed up looking elf whine about getting raped for an hour.

That might be the most pathetic underestimation of a band that I have ever heard. Criticize the band's sound all you want, but pay attention to the ****ing lyrics and recognize that the lead singer's appearance has absolutely nothing to do with the music.

Sorry to snap back but many Radiohead songs have a lot of meaning for me and for them to be reduced to songs "about getting raped" is pretty infuriating.

~Jordan

Aug 16, 2004 at 12:18 PM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leto Atreides II
I'm quoting this from someone else, but I don't exactly remember who. I agree with it 100%.

Do you want to listen to a ****ed up looking elf with one of the greatest albums of all time or do you want to listen to eye candy who have no talent and can't sing?

See sig. Sorry I'm quite a radiohead fan.

Aug 17, 2004 at 3:03 AM Post #25 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by rextrade
One of the greatest bands of our time. Kid A is a masterpiece. I'll admit that it took me a little while to admit to myself how good they were, because Radiohead ultra fans always kind of annoyed me, but the music is really good.

I did the same thing for quite a while, and it took seeing them live to really make me "come out of the closet" about radiohead.

eek.gif

Aug 17, 2004 at 3:25 AM Post #26 of 31
Radiohead always annoyed me - that was until I heard Kid A and Amnesiac. I still don't have much tolerance for pre-Kid A material, and have yet to listen to Hail to the Thief.

Aug 17, 2004 at 11:49 AM Post #27 of 31
I like radiohead but can understand how they are not the be all and end of for everybody. I need a break from them regularly but am always drawn back. I do think that the sound quality of Hail to the Thief is a step above OK Computer... the detail is great although I am not sure that the actual music is better.

And thanks to headfi for pointing me towards this band (and many others too).

TonyAAA

Aug 17, 2004 at 6:00 PM Post #28 of 31
Yay another radiohead thread!

Seeing the band live took me from respecting, but not liking, to loving this band.

I for one vote that this thread is closed before it becomes yet another "over-rated" debate.

Person 1:"Radiohead is really awesome, but there are some rabid fans out there over-hyping the band and though it has nothing to do with their music, it can get annoying."

Person 2:"What?! If you don't realize their brilliance then I weep for your woefully inadequate appreciation for the greatest band since the beatles. You probably listen to Britney Spears."

Person 1: "See? That's what I am talking about, chill out."

Person 3: "Yah radiohead blows, they are teh suck!1!"

Person 1: "You aren't helping."

Aug 17, 2004 at 10:26 PM Post #29 of 31
Definitely a band you have to see live in concert. I haven't been listening to them lately. I caught them three times at MSG and loved their shows. And for all the haters out there:
rolleyes.gif

Aug 18, 2004 at 4:24 AM Post #30 of 31
gloco i totally agree. i was purposely staying out of this thread because i could be considered the possible number one radiohead apologist on this board. however like pink floyd, radiohead has to be seen live to experience the full genious of the band bar none, and all the over hyped crap is just BS. 90% of the bands today are overhyped imo, but of course i have better taste in music than most of the dolts on this board (completely tounge in cheek of course)

if you want to try something totally different try a very under recongnized band that if you werent looking youd never find, centrozoon, indie label, www.burningshed.com, give it a try! much like cipher which i have turned at least a few people i think onto this board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back