Radiohead: what next?
Jul 10, 2005 at 1:59 PM Post #16 of 24
I'd go chronological but skip Amnesiac. Kid A was love at first listen for me, instantaneous. Amnesiac seemed like pretty good b-sides except for the really wonderful Pyramid Song. Hail To The Thief is wonderful to my head/ears/heart as well.

Jul 12, 2005 at 11:28 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by viator122
At Markl's insistence, I'm letting you know I will be purchasing Kid A and will let you know what I think when I get it.

Good choice, you will be getting one of the best albums ever.

Jul 13, 2005 at 8:43 AM Post #19 of 24
Can I get a music suggestion for more songs that have the kind of sound featured in "Idioteque"?

It's mostly the chord progression, but every time that sound comes up behind the chorus, it gives me goosebumps.

Jul 13, 2005 at 10:20 AM Post #20 of 24
this should be your album buying process:
1) Kid A (masterpiece beyond all expectations and Motion Picture Soundtrack is such an amazing way to end the unforgettable experience)
2) Amnesiac (just as great as Kid A, but a little different. I sometimes catch myself listening to this one more than other album, even Ok Computer which is my all time favorite. when i know i don't have much time, i'll usually quickly put on the last two songs, both of which i consider to be masterpieces)
3) Hail to the Theif (2 + 2 = 5, Sail to the Moon, I Will, Scatterbrain, A Wolf at the Door... those are by far some of my favorite recent songs, but the album as a whole is very addicting)
4) I Might Be Wrong (GREAT live CD. has one of my all time favorite songs: the live, piano version of Like Spinning Plates)
5) Pablo Honey (this can wait, but still has some great songs. many may disagree to make it your last purchase, but i feel it's not as vital to your health as the others)

if you're getting into Radiohead and love Ok Computer, i also highly recommend you check out their Airbag EP. they have some of my favorites like Pearly, Polyethylene, A Reminder, and Melatonin. The only problem with this EP is that it's very hard to find and can be pricey.

on another note, when you're done purchasing the rest of the albums, check out these great ones from other bands:
6) Interpol - Put On Your Bright Lights
7) The Arcade Fire - Funeral
8) Interpol - Antics
9) Sigur Ros - Ágætis Byrjun
10) Sigur Ros - ( )

...only then can you say you've lived a great life.

Jul 13, 2005 at 2:55 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanity8me
on another note, when you're done purchasing the rest of the albums, check out these great ones from other bands:
6) Interpol - Put On Your Bright Lights
7) The Arcade Fire - Funeral
8) Interpol - Antics
9) Sigur Ros - Ágætis Byrjun
10) Sigur Ros - ( )

...only then can you say you've lived a great life.

Heh, excellent folllow-ups! I know a Head-fier that has worked with Arcade Fire, and I have just recently met the band over a nice dinner at a mutual friend's place. This friend also happened to be a publicist for Interpol before they hit it big as they toured Canada. I got to meet them too. Now, all I need to do is figure out how to meet Sigur Ros and Radiohead and I'm all set!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 14, 2005 at 3:01 AM Post #22 of 24
Problem solved. I just won on eBay a lot of Kid A, Amnesiac, OK Computer and one of the Live Phish albums. I'll probably put OK Computer up for sale here, but now I'll have Kid A and Amnesiac. Best part is I won all 4 for $20 and I used the 10% off eBay coupon. Sweet.
cool.gif

Jul 14, 2005 at 3:22 AM Post #23 of 24
Radiohead is excellent for the sophisticated listener. Truly, they are musicians' musician. It is only appropiate to ask a fellow musician what her favorite Radiohead album is.

Do you really want to know?

Scroll down a bit further.

OK, you asked for it
smily_headphones1.gif

radiohead.jpg

Jul 14, 2005 at 1:09 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
Heh, excellent folllow-ups! I know a Head-fier that has worked with Arcade Fire, and I have just recently met the band over a nice dinner at a mutual friend's place. This friend also happened to be a publicist for Interpol before they hit it big as they toured Canada. I got to meet them too. Now, all I need to do is figure out how to meet Sigur Ros and Radiohead and I'm all set!
smily_headphones1.gif

w o w ... you're one lucky person.

did you get a chance to tell them about you're headphone/amp/source collection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back