Radiohead vs. Coldplay
Feb 10, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #47 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Coldplay is good, but Radiohead are on another level.

QFT.

Feb 10, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #49 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I had to choose, then Radiohead. But aren't they actually the same band...?

angry_face.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #53 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this even a debate? Maybe we should have a Radiohead vs. Jonas Brothers poll.

Well smarty pants, maybe we should have a Radiohead vs. Jeff Buckley poll. : )

Feb 11, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #54 of 95
I don't have any specific criticism for either of them, besides the fact that they're very laid-back and (imo) boring. I'll take Radiohead over Coldplay any day (and Hail to the Theif is by far their best record) but I'll take just about anything else over either.

I absolutely agree with the Coldplay/Sigur Ros comparison too.

Feb 11, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #56 of 95
Two different categories altogether. But I appreciate a band with heart, so my vote goes to Coldplay. Radiohead tries way too hard to not be 'human'. Err, or Thom Yorke does anyway. I still appreciate them musically though, most of the time.

Feb 11, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #57 of 95
Coldplay is miles behind, and infinitely less talented. They are catchy though, an example of mediocre musicians playing great together.

Feb 12, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #58 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What about Oasis? Same genre, but are they in between Coldplay and Radiohead?

i like oasis first 2 albums...after that the "oasis period" is over for me. but the first two are really great and classic in the rock and roll genre imo.
as for "ok computer"...one of the greatest (if not the best) album i have ever heard in my life! its like a bible to me. you really can't describe whats going on there....i mean..the melodies are breathtaking and its also a little complicated,but just enough, not too much.
i also liked "kid a" but after that it was just too much for me. IMO, too much complicated and without taste and melodies at all.
colplay are also great in their own territory..my fav is "X&y" album.

Feb 12, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #59 of 95
I think what I find interesting in this poll is that Radiohead has 86% of the votes and Coldplay has 14%. These numbers have been holding firm since the beginning of the poll. I knew that Radiohead would win this poll by a fairly large margin, my guess would have been closer to 70% of the votes, but they are doing far better than I expected. I wonder what the percentages would be outside of this forum in a more general poll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back