radiohead:planet telex/the bends chinese version
Dec 12, 2002 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

fyrfytrhoges

Headphoneus Supremus
anyone have this version of the album? it's a 24 bit hdcd release of the album from china. I'm wondering if it's quality is that much better than the japanese redbook release, and if it's worth the trouble to buy off of ebay for around $20.00.

Dec 12, 2002 at 10:34 PM Post #2 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by fyrfytrhoges
anyone have this version of the album? it's a 24 bit hdcd release of the album from china. I'm wondering if it's quality is that much better than the japanese redbook release, and if it's worth the trouble to buy off of ebay for around $20.00.

My question would be: is that "24 bit hdcd" sourced from the original master tapes?

Dec 13, 2002 at 1:50 AM Post #3 of 19
Gotta watch out for the illegal copies. In china, there is no original verson mate. They have NO "copy right"! According to my chinese friend, there are so many illegal copied CDs, DVDs lying on the street and no one cares, not even the police and government agents.
eek.gif

This is just SAD!
frown.gif

Dec 13, 2002 at 4:02 AM Post #4 of 19
this is an official chinese release, just as the US had ours and Japan had theirs. It is not a copy, and if it is, it is the best packaged copy of cd that I have ever seen. Radiohead is on the Universal music label in China, Emi in the UK, and Emi in Japan, so to say that they have no "copy right" is incorrect.

Dec 13, 2002 at 5:30 AM Post #5 of 19
I went and looked on ebay, didn't see a chinese version, just two Japanese versions...

Dec 13, 2002 at 6:48 AM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

this is an official chinese release, just as the US had ours and Japan had theirs. It is not a copy, and if it is, it is the best packaged copy of cd that I have ever seen. Radiohead is on the Universal music label in China, Emi in the UK, and Emi in Japan, so to say that they have no "copy right" is incorrect.

If you have some friends that are from China, invite them over and have a couple of teas together. Afterall, you'll know exactly wut I'm talking about.

But anyway, just a friendly advise.

smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 13, 2002 at 7:01 AM Post #7 of 19
Yeah, the copies in China are exquisitely packaged and look for all the world like the real stuff... only way to tell is to see if the distributor company printed on the package actually exists!

I mean... why would they distribute a special 24bit HDCD version ONLY IN CHINA??

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 13, 2002 at 7:17 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Yeah, the copies in China are exquisitely packaged and look for all the world like the real stuff... only way to tell is to see if the distributor company printed on the package actually exists!

EXACTLY! I couldn't have agreed more.

Dec 13, 2002 at 3:51 PM Post #9 of 19
joe, but would't that be the same as the "japan only" releases of "the bends" and "pablo honey" that were released with extra tracks not available on US or other versions? I guess I don't see a difference, are you guys saying that anything made in china is suspect of being a copy or a rip off?

Dec 13, 2002 at 5:36 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

I guess I don't see a difference, are you guys saying that anything made in china is suspect of being a copy or a rip off?

Yes...correct me if i'm wrong, isn't China known for not upholding copyrights and that's the main reason why piracy is so rampant there? Clue us in, give us a link so we can see it for ourselves.

Dec 13, 2002 at 5:48 PM Post #11 of 19
sorry gloco, I have no idea how to do that, I will watch ebay myself and tell you guys when I see one, they come up for sale often enough. What is your answer about my question about Japan only cds and such?

Don't get me wrong on this one, I have never had a cd from china and you guys could all be right and I could be totally wrong on this. Nevertheless I appreciate the advice from gloco, joe, and nevermorez!!

Dec 13, 2002 at 7:48 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

sorry gloco, I have no idea how to do that, I will watch ebay myself and tell you guys when I see one, they come up for sale often enough. What is your answer about my question about Japan only cds and such?

Don't get me wrong on this one, I have never had a cd from china and you guys could all be right and I could be totally wrong on this. Nevertheless I appreciate the advice from gloco, joe, and nevermorez!!

The difference is that Japan acknowledges and upholds copyright laws, yes they do release bonus material on albums in Japan and elsewhere, since cd prices are so darn expensive there, i assume they do it to get people to buy their album.

All you have to do is copy and paste a link....

Dec 14, 2002 at 8:23 AM Post #13 of 19
Well, I didn't know about the Japan limited release. Funny, it's not like Radiohead is a Japanese band or anything...
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

I'm just worried it's a bunch of pirates tacking all kinds of labels they please on the cover... (SACD anyone?
tongue.gif
oh and the first label they tack on is the 'anti-piracy alliance' logo or something like that
tongue.gif
)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dec 14, 2002 at 8:40 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Joe Bloggs
Well, I didn't know about the Japan limited release. Funny, it's not like Radiohead is a Japanese band or anything...
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

No, but a lot of American albums released in Japan or England always have really cool additional tracks.

Dec 14, 2002 at 10:35 AM Post #15 of 19
Why can't you Americans treat yourselves right and distribute the special versions in the country instead? You know Sony always keeps THEIR special edition stuff in Japan...
biggrin.gif
(and Hong Kong
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back