RADIOHEAD FANS, UNITE!
Sep 4, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #18 of 31
I like radiohead also...Dunno what album it's off of but Knives Out is cool.

Steve

Sep 4, 2006 at 3:41 AM Post #19 of 31
how many threads do radiohead fans need in order to unite?

sheesh.

ok ok. my favorite album is Kid A, but that's all i'll concede.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 4, 2006 at 2:27 PM Post #20 of 31
Favorite Album: KidA

Favorite Song On That Album: "Everything In It's Right Place" ["Optimistic" and "Idioteque" would almost be tied for first depending on the mood...]

Favorite Overall Radiohead Song: "There There [The Boney King Of Nowhere]" ["Climbing Up The Walls" would also be way up there!]

Sep 4, 2006 at 2:33 PM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by humanflyz
Favorite Album: Kid A
Favorite song: How To Disappear Completely

Same.

For some reason... I think they are the only band that sound equally sweet on my Grados and Etys...

May 8, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #24 of 31
I just ordered physical CD & 24-bit WAV digital files (850MB+ downloading now) from Radiohead's site! Looking forward to hearing high-res A Moon Shaped Pool on my still fairly new XDP-100R.

May 8, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #26 of 31
From the two singles they released (Burn the Witch / Daydreaming), it has that Kid A / Amnesiac vibe to it, which is quite nice.
And I do find it amusing how this thread came from the dead after almost a decade.

May 8, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #27 of 31
Burn the Witch came from the dead after more than a decade- so too must we.

But seriously, I'm on The Present Tense rn and it's fantastic. Indentikit and The Numbers have been my favorites right now. The Present Tense may enter the top 3 as well. Can't wait to hear True Love Waits after more than two decades.

May 8, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #29 of 31
I just bit the bullet for the 24 bit download too. Sounds great. 

Was going to wait for the CD but can't beat 24 bit I guess. 

May 12, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #30 of 31
I converted the 24-bit WAV files to FLAC using dBpoweramp. I just did it using defaults and discovered the FLAC files nor the 24-bit WAVs would play via my SONOS system (unsupported file format). So with a little bit of googling I found out I have to convert from 24-bit WAV to 16-bit FLAC in order for SONOS to accept it and play. So I did the conversion after a little bit more googling on the process and also used Rectangular Dither (the choices are None, Triangular, or Rectangular) because "dithering" was recommended when downsampling from 24 to 16-bit. Did I do it correctly? Is there other plugins or methods I should know about when converting? These 24-bit WAVs are my first high-res files to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back